Sandusky: final twitches

LioninVa

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby LioninVa » Fri May 18, 2018 7:46 am

I believe the payout for victim is far lower for MSU/Nassar because there were so many more than with Sandusky. I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but I did expect MSU to pony up more than they did.

As for the HBO movie, I watched it a few weeks ago. I expected it to be far worse in the anti Paterno aspect than it was. I read the Posnaki book when it came out years ago and felt that he believed Paterno was really unaware of the whole situation. That could be my own bias interfering, however. The movie, with regards to JoePa, seemed to portray more of a lace of awareness of the events as they unfolded after the grand jury report was released and how they family and staff reacted. It also seemed to me to portray our favorite Pulitzer Prize winner in a very positive light, but I believe she was a creative consultant. Again, I have some preconceived notions and biases, so take it for what it's worth...

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat May 19, 2018 3:13 pm

I just watched the Paterno movie. It really wasn't as bad as some may think it is. I think they did a pretty good job at playing it down the middle.

In the end, other than inmate KT2386, the real culprits were Spanier, Curley and Schultz. If the movie is accurate then Paterno was culpable, just not as culpable as the others (if that makes sense). They also portrayed Joe as a guy who was disconnected from reality and did not fully understand the scope of evil that occurred. It also indicated he really did not want to understand what was going on.

It was worth watching one time. I don't plan to watch it again though. It brought back too many painful memories.
41-33.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:05 pm

I've watched it through y'alls eyes. That's good enough for me.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.