Sandusky: final twitches

chas

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby chas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:01 pm

OK. I should have sympathy and understanding born from going through this nightmare a few years ago. I should be understanding, I should resist jumping to conclusions, I should avoid joining the other peasants with pitchforks.

Nah, I have some German in me and I will savor the schadenfreude.

I hope all the smug perfect people at Michigan State who piled on Penn State suffer terribly, and that means just about everyone in East Lansing. I want their icon basketball coach, their football coach, all their administrators to go down in flames. I want to see them disgraced. I want to see their fans in torture. I want to see their alumni, BOT, and players (past and current) suffer.

How about the BIG administration? I want to see Delaney having to deal with the smoldering ruins of that program.

I want financial and professional ruin for everyone.

And how will I feel after that? Quite good actually. I will sleep well.

chas

Postby chas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:08 pm

As the debris from the MSU disaster begins to tumble to Earth I can enjoy watching ripples radiate out from East Lansing as those responsible for their mess are found out, chased down, and destroyed.

The ESPN report makes the case that Dantonio and the MSU football program did things to tolerate and coverup sexual abuse by their players. This went on for years. Years during which Coach Narduzzi was a senior member of their staff. Well, #NardKnew.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Tough to disagree with anything you said, Chas.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:04 pm

That ESPN report was scathing. If half of that is true they should be sanctioned at least as badly as we were.
#Emmertknew

chas

Postby chas » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:27 pm

Blue&White wrote:That ESPN report was scathing. If half of that is true they should be sanctioned at least as badly as we were.

In our situation there was NEVER an accusation that a Penn State athlete or student was abused. Our people went down for claims they did nothing to help innocents they were not obligated, by terms of their employment, to protect. Here the NCAA and BIG have student athletes and an MSU employee harming students and athletes they were obligated to defend.

This is WORSE than what PSU staff are accused of "not doing".

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm not sure why it matters what the relationship was with the victims. I'm not sure how the crimes of one pervert and the cover up of one institution are better or worse than the crimes of a different pervert and the cover up of another institution. Who is the arbiter of these degrees of evil and negligence?

I continue to cringe when I see these comparisons. For me they are just two awful situations and equally horrific. I don't feel in anyway validated as a PSU fan and alum by the crimes and potential cover ups that occurred at Michigan State. We should not be keeping score here and I guarantee you there are zero winners in all of this. Just the carnage left by 2 child molesters and 2 communities who will pay the price for years of abuse and neglect.

We PSU fans really should have very little to say about all this, other than asking people to reserve judgement until there is a proper investigation and due process for people who stand accused. Which is what we wanted when it was us. Other than that, we really should just shut up.
#Emmertknew

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:19 pm

I get what you're saying and under normal circumstances I would agree. But MSU acted with great indignation when the Inmate #KT2386 was in full bloom. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I say f them.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:20 pm

At least Dantonio has not resigned and he's disputing the OTL report.

Crowbar - I never said we should feel bad for the bastards.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 pm

If you read the OTL article, it's not clear exactly what they're accusing Dantonio of.

They cite a half-dozen sexual misconduct incidents involving football players that were clearly investigated by authorities and every one resulted in the accuser not pressing charges. The details are uncomfortable to read and I suppose the article makes the point that Dantonio may not be recruiting Boy Scouts, exclusively. But I don't see any evidence of criminal culpability on Dantonio's part in the OTL article. Perhaps I missed something. Or perhaps OTL is implying that Dantonio had an obligation to "out" these guys and drop a house on them regardless of how the investigation played out.
Fire Alex Cora.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:57 am

Blue&White wrote:
Crowbar - I never said we should feel bad for the bastards.

Gotcha.

Also, now our dear friend Mark Emmett is getting pulled into this. :D

According to articles I read it alleges he was personally informed of a cover up in 2010 but immediately dismissed it saying Sweet Lou Anna could not possibly do something like that.

Gonna get some popcorn, prop up my feet and watch the carnage unfold. :twisted:
41-33.