Sandusky: final twitches

psu_dad

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby psu_dad » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:02 pm

I don't understand something. MSU also said they did nothing wrong but I could swear I saw that the NCAA is investigating anyway.

There are two separate issues here (as I understand it):

(1) The Larry Nassar debacle.
(2) The allegations that the football and BB programs have sexual predator issues, which ESPN reported recently.

MSU is not claiming they did nothing wrong regarding issue (1). They're claiming they did nothing wrong regarding issue (2), i.e. that past allegations of sexual misconduct by football and BB players were properly investigated by the appropriate legal authorities. The NCAA seems to agree. They're not investigating issue (2). Their current investigation is regarding issue (1).

------------------------

In fairness to MSU, ESPN conceded that the allegations regarding the football and BB players WERE investigated by the local legal authorities and all the incidents ended up with no charges being filed. But some advocacy groups are using/exploiting the Larry Nassar incident to dredge up those past allegations because they were unhappy with their outcome. They believe multiple allegations = a systemic problem = heads must roll, regardless of how the allegations played out in the legal system. Are they right? Who knows. They definitely have an agenda, but that doesn't automatically make them wrong.
Fire Alex Cora.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:19 am

You totally missed my point. My point was how come "I did nothing wrong, trust me" is good enough for Emmert but not anyone else. He apparently spent the weekend sending out letters explaining why there was nothing to see with respect to his failures but don't you worry because he'll get to the bottom of it with all the liars who say they did nothing wrong. Just trust him that he's ok.

He's smarmy enough that he may get away with that, but I sure hope not.
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 am

Fire Alex Cora.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 am

Btw, if you read the letter he sent, he talks about how there was no reason for the NCAA to get involved in the MSU stuff because it was a criminal matter and the proper authorities were already involved.

Hmmmm........
#Emmertknew

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:49 am

Part of me is jealous. It must be fun to go through life being a total weasel without the burden of a conscience.
Fire Alex Cora.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:58 am

Good call B&W.

It's my understanding that a Title IX investigation is ongoing at MSU, I can't remember where I read that, possible the espn article from last week?

I suppose I want vengeance for our mistreatment and the MSU prez. was a precipitator sp? of that mistreatment. This is a side of me I don't like but its there nonetheless. Really, a fair treatment of the university where known sexual abuse was not only ongoing but tolerated and hidden by officials is rather onerous. It deserves to be made an example of considering their self righteous stand toward PSU while being red handed guilty at the same time period, knowingly guilty yet adamantly piling on to PSU, leading the charge against us in the conference.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 pm

If it's true MSU did that then I agree. If it happened. Righr now there are just allegations. I'm content for a proper investigation to suss it all out.
#Emmertknew

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Why, its never been required in the past? Sexually speaking that is. ;)

chas

Postby chas » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:57 pm

psu_dad wrote:Part of me is jealous. It must be fun to go through life being a total weasel without the burden of a conscience.

It is quite satisfying.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Did anyone watch the HBO "Paterno" movie? I have no plans to watch it as I expected it to be a hatchet job. A group of former lettermen have written a letter condemning the movie.

If a reputable documentary filmmaker does a 30 for 30 type deal I will watch that - like everyone on this board I've read much regarding the Sandusky scandal and would be interested in seeing a well researched documentary that includes interviews from the parties involved and people who knew Paterno personally - and I'd want to hear his proponents and detractors. I'd also like to see the documentary be about the scandal as a whole and not just Paterno and Penn State. This tragedy extended far beyond the football facilities and PSU (think The Second Mile, local HSs, Sandusky's wife / family).

The HBO movie, IMO, is likely just a cheap, opportunistic, exploitation of a tragic event and is centered around Paterno simply because of his name recognition and the glee the media takes in tearing down the very icons they built.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall