Sandusky: final twitches

Blue&White

Sandusky: final twitches

Postby Blue&White » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 am

Sandusky's adopted son, Jeff, plead guilty to 14 counts of child sexual abuse this week. I suspect Jeff was abused by his father and that contributed to his own behavior. That's not a defense to what he did, just a possible explanation.

Hopefully this is finally the end of this while saga.

sameoldlama

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby sameoldlama » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Not ending in our lifetime. There were three top line news stories this week related to Sandusky scandal

1. "New" report of "what Joe knew" that contained nothing new and was already established fact and record
2. Schultz was released from prison
3. The story B&W just reference on Sandusky's kid.

There's more movies and documentaries to come, more people to be release from prison, someone's tell all book and eventually the primary characters in this sad story will pass on and it will bubble up again. This will never end - and maybe it shouldn't - maybe a periodic reminder is necessary to reinforce the hard lessons learned.

The most epic lesson ever of - problems don't go away on their own they just get worse and the fundamental misunderstanding of the basic psychology of rewards and consequences drive behavior.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:24 pm

The impact may lessen over time. However, I agree with Lama. It's never, ever going to go away.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 pm

This will never end - and maybe it shouldn't - maybe a periodic reminder is necessary to reinforce the hard lessons learned.

I think that's a fair point, but I'm curious as to what those lessons are. I think there are a lot of lessons to be learned here, but I do not get the impression those are the lessons the public and press have been focused on.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 pm

I don't want to keep harping about inmate #KT2386. I will be more than overjoyed the morning I wake up and hear the bastard is dead. That will be the day I'll be able to see some closure.

However when I look at where Penn State football has come since the doldrums of 2012 the more I think numbers 42 and 9 need to be retired.

We can never repay them and all those who stayed.

Thank you, Michael Mauti.

Thank you, Michael Zordich, Jr.