Sandusky: final twitches

Blue&White

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Did anyone watch the HBO "Paterno" movie?

No chance, Lance. And, for much the same reasons you list.

From what I understand, it is basically about the reporting of Sara Gamin and her quest for the stories that she wrote on the whole Sandusky fiasco. A lot of PSU people despise her and consider her to have been very anti-Paterno. I'm not going to go there, but will simply say I know what angle she took when she reported on the story originally, people can have varied opinions on the whole thing, and I have zero interest in subjecting myself to the whole story again. I remember it well. I know how awful the whole thing was. I see no reason to relive it.

I did see one critique of the movie one one of the PSU sites and it complained about a number of petty factual errors. Things like the statute, that they were serving beer in the stadium during the season (which was not allowed at that time and is a very recent development apparently), that they had the chipmunk logo out when it wasn't introduced yet, etc. Just the kind of crap that has no real substance and PSU people were, predictably, howling about how that was "proof" that HBO didn't do their homework.

Maybe at some point I'll have the stomach to sit through it but, right now, I have zero interest. I watched them kill Joe once. I don't need to see a reenactment.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:25 pm

They sell beer at stadium during football games now? I was at a game 2015 season and don't recall beer sales. Surprised to hear it a bit but I guess eventually the siren call of more $$$ always wins out.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 pm

That's what I read. First I heard of it was in that review.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 pm

The only alcohol sold in the stadium is in some of the suites. Not for us peons.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed May 16, 2018 12:25 pm

MSU settled with 300 of Nasser's victims for $500,000,000. That is about $400,000,000 more than PSU paid in settlements.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed May 16, 2018 12:30 pm

A story that is every bit if not even more horrific than Sandusky just based on number of victims but while it was covered you don't hear nearly as much about it because he wasn't high profile to begin with. Of course Sandusky wasn't really high profile either but being able to make any kind of link to the name Paterno was a media goldmine.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed May 16, 2018 1:10 pm

That is what always pissed me off the most!!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Also shows you how awash in money many Universities are - that dollar figure would probably kill every one of our employers even if it were structured over a number of years. The fact that the persons who failed to act appropriately in this matter will all waltz away with sizable pensions and University perks (just as they did as PSU) is appalling.

Think about it - say at a state school student room and board runs $100G for 4 years - that's 5,000 students who could have a full ride. And that's only counting the settlement - doesn't factor in lawyers, resources spent cleaning up the mess, lost donations, sponsors lost ....

Oh well - just clock in 7% tuition / board hikes every year and make sure the government keeps guaranteeing your customers payment and it's all water under the bridge.

When the Sandusky bomb hit we shook are heads at how much damage one man could do to an institution - this guys smashed his record.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Hope Nasshole and inmate #KT2386 have a special room in hell they can bunk in together for all eternity and beyond.

Before that, I hope their next five lifetimes are spent in a North Korean prison camp from birth to death.

Evil bastards.
41-33.