Sandusky: final twitches

psu_dad

Re: Sandusky: final twitches

Postby psu_dad » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:25 am

The magnitude of the Penn State media coverage was never really about pedophilia. It was about bringing down a white male iconic figure. The pedophilia angle was just used to justify the over-the-top media coverage.

The media doesn't give a rat's ass about some female university president that no one outside of MI has ever heard of.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 am

For some reason, I never put the Olympic gymnasts situation together with MSU. I’m not sure why, but until the las week or so it thought they were desperate issues. Assuming I am not alone, that may speak volumes as to the lack of awareness based on no name versus big name cases. Maybe.

Ironically, I received Mark Pendergast’s book on JS as a birthday gift Thursday. 5 chapters in, it is an informative but clinical read. I will discuss more when I finish it.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am

The general public may not have associated this scumbag with MSU but the NCAA certainly should have. That's their job. That's the point here.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:28 am

I agree completely, B-Dub. But, as we all know, they have failed miserably at the tasks that fall within their statues far too often of late.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 am

I'm really not convinced the NCAA needs to be involved here. It's a criminal matter best left for the courts. But, so was Sandusky. So why intervene in one and not the other? How is that justifiable? And, why is Emmert not being asked to explain the differences? That's my real beef here. The blatant, unquestioned hypocrisy.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Blue&White wrote:I'm really not convinced the NCAA needs to be involved here. It's a criminal matter best left for the courts. But, so was Sandusky. So why intervene in one and not the other? How is that justifiable? And, why is Emmert not being asked to explain the differences? That's my real beef here. The blatant, unquestioned hypocrisy.

Wondering why MSU Prez Simon is not talking bout booting MSU from the big 10 as she adamantly cried about PSU in 2011,2012? Is that the silent sound of hypocrisy we hear? Simon was sure and certain that a criminal event justified the DE-admission of PSU immediately and requested it as I remember.

Didn't Emmert finally admit that the PSU persecution was overblown at some point post mob rule? Of course now that precedent is set we ignore precedent. Agendas have a way of causing certain action or inaction. Mr. Emmert and his myrmidons ride again, or not?

And lest we forget the PRESS. The high and mighty press who is our champion, our defender, our conscience AND mis-informer.

"We are, heart and soul, friends to the freedom of the press. It is however, the prostituted companion of liberty... It corrupts, it deceives, it inflames. It strips virtue of her honors, and lends to faction its wildfire and its poisoned arms, and in the end is its own enemy and the usurper's ally."
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:24 am

I would speculate that MSU isn't taking the pounding PSU did partly because Nassar pleaded guilty - so no criminal trial. If further criminal trials / civil trials occur it may see more headlines.

They also "lucked" into a news cycle in which the media and politicos are about 99% focused on attacking Donald Trump. The epiphany probably hasn't hit President Simon but she should be a big supporter of DT staying in office. In fact very political, media hack, celebrity hypocrite, criminal out there should be very quietly hoping for a chance to pull the lever for Trump in 2020 - as long as he remains a lightening rod for all the national hysteria none of their sins will grab the headlines for very long.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:47 pm

USA Gymnastics saw the resignation of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer from their Board of Directors. Seems those resignations are a direct result of this scandal. That's a start, I guess. It's tough to know what should happen to people who were not directly involved because it's really difficult to know who knew what. And, as with the Sandusky scandal, I find it difficult to believe people made a conscious decision to ignore the molestation of children to simply further an agenda. I know that's the popular speaking point in all of this but I just can't wrap my head around that. I am far more apt to believe that people didn't know. And, when they were confronted with evidence they found a way to convince themselves that it couldn't possibly be true.

This Nasser guy was in that position for 2 decades. I can easily see how someone can hear an allegation and think "no, that can't be right. He's been doing this for 2 decades and I'm not aware of any complaints against him so it must be a misunderstanding". I can absolutely see how that could happen. That said, I don't think that absolves people of responsibility. Resignations are a good step.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Blue&White wrote:USA Gymnastics saw the resignation of the Chairman, Vice Chairman and Treasurer from their Board of Directors. Seems those resignations are a direct result of this scandal. That's a start, I guess. It's tough to know what should happen to people who were not directly involved because it's really difficult to know who knew what. And, as with the Sandusky scandal, I find it difficult to believe people made a conscious decision to ignore the molestation of children to simply further an agenda. I know that's the popular speaking point in all of this but I just can't wrap my head around that. I am far more apt to believe that people didn't know. And, when they were confronted with evidence they found a way to convince themselves that it couldn't possibly be true.

This Nasser guy was in that position for 2 decades. I can easily see how someone can hear an allegation and think "no, that can't be right. He's been doing this for 2 decades and I'm not aware of any complaints against him so it must be a misunderstanding". I can absolutely see how that could happen. That said, I don't think that absolves people of responsibility. Resignations are a good step.

Not after 2011, no I can not see that. And for Simon to know the Nassar allegations and rail on PSU is the height of it.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:54 am

maybe she can get a cell with Spanier? They'd have a lot to talk about...
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.