Nice pass by Tommy. Nice catch

PSUgrower

Re: Georgia State in-game

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:10 pm

Love Tompkins giving that straight arm during punt return. Awesome

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Tommy Stevens has an arm - chucked that TD about 65 yards, didn't even look like he tried.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Fun game - gonna go watch the Clemson/Louisville game for a bit.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Defense needs to contain center of field on the line of scrimmage

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:29 am

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootba ... iver_index

Please take the time to listen to this "Horse's Ass" radio guy from NYC - who doesn't know how the game of football is played. Tie-raid on Franklin icing the kicker at the end of the game. I think he missed the point that PSU could have put up 100 plus if they wanted. You play until the clock hits 0:00, period.
I seriously think this guy has never played competitive sports. Or if he did - he would be the kid screaming at the end for a Participation ribbon! What an ASS!
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:55 am

Welcome to the world of Mike Francesa. You won't find a bigger, more self-important, arrogant douchebag in all of sports. That said, taking that time out with that big a lead that late in the game is a bit of a d!ck move. I get it. Given how rankings are done, you sort of have to do that, but there was a time that you didn't do things like that.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 am

I agree with you - there WAS a time - it left with Paterno (the caller tried to explain that). I don't like it anymore than you do - however, that could be the difference between going to the Championship series or not. It shouldn't - but it might.
Kicking the field goal with 11 seconds in a meaningless game...??? I get that too - So where is the same for Franklin wanting to preserve a shutout?
You play the game like the score is 0-0 - one game at a time. For those who don't get that - you don't have any clue what Franklin is about or why this team is having success.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am

I don't love what Franklin did there but I'm not overly upset about it, either. That's the era we live in.

As for Francesa, his job is to get you to listen for as long as he can from 1:00 PM to 6:30 PM every Monday thru Friday. That's his job. And, he does that by being an obnoxious jerk to people and screaming about things that really don't need to be screamed about. He is the ultimate example for the saying "there is no such thing as bad publicity". He is similar to Howard Stern in that the people who don't like him probably listen longer than the people who do like him.

I've been listening to his shtick on and off for close to 30 years now. He's retiring at the end of the year and I won't miss him at all. I used to find him entertaining, but not any longer. I'll listen to him sometimes on the drive home, but more and more I've tuned him out. I wouldn't give 2 seconds of time worrying about anything he has to say. He's nothing. He's not worth the time it took you to post that link. And, my view on him has nothing to do with his comments on Franklin. I actually think he has some semblance of a valid point about that timeout. I just don't care.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah, he has a valid point - but the point of calling a time-out is just as valid. I agree - I could care less - I just wanted to point out what an ass he is. I'm good now!