Iowa Pre-Game

pennstate92

Re: Iowa Pre-Game

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:57 pm

I can't wait. Might buy a bit of Gentleman Jack to enjoy the game with.

After 5 years of humble pie, I'm ready to strut a bit once again.

We Are.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:12 pm

I am going to put this game on the outdoor screen this weekend barring any rain! I know we haven't played good teams but this PSU team should seriously disembowel the Hawkeyes! I don't think I have ever seen an offense like this in PSU history. The defense needs to be pushed a bit and my man, Marcus Allen, will make his mark! Saquon is a freak of nature. He caught that 86 yard touchdown pass and he should have been pushed out of bounds. I swear that Dback had a beat on him but Saquon put it in another gear to hit the corner and take it to the house.

I don't Iowa can play with us and I think our dline and LBs will stack the box. We should be able to match up on the corners!
Good guys- 31
Hawkbutts- 13

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 am

I was perusing the Iowa threads and the general consensus is that Barkley will be the #1 concern - they plan on stacking the box to stop the run- period. They have been gashed by backs that don't have 1/2 the skills - it is a resounding concern from almost every person posting. The other concern is that Iowa can't score with PSU - most feel that Iowa needs to put up 30 to be in it. Not sure they can do that against this team.
The other option would be controlled drives of 7 min plus - with TDs to finish each drive. Again, not going to happen against this PSU team.
I would be willing to bet that Gieseke has a big game - if they stack the box to stop Barkley. I also think Barkley is going to get the ball in space - no-one has proven to even come close to stoping him as a receiver.
I will add this also, Trace and or Tommy score on a long run. I just think that you can't contain a balanced offense that hasn't show what they really can do from the RPO set. It's a very dangerous set that PSU is starting to master.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:26 am

You stack the box to stop Barkley, and we beat you with the pass. Between the WRs and Gisecki, we have too many weapons to really just key in on the running game. Which means it is time for my weekly prediction again:

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 am

I think they discretely 'stack the box'. It will hurt them to be obvious. Try to confuse the line with run blitzes and they need to keep Barkley from the corners. Iowa will need to be plus 2 in turnovers to have a chance.

Statistically long drives stall because 4 yard average gains eventually result in no first down. Just the way averages and probability works.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Good News

"We expect Mahon and Cam Brown back," Lions coach James Franklin said at his weekly press conference Tuesday.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Nittany Flier

Postby Nittany Flier » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm

My big concern is still tackling. We need to put the runners down on the first hit. I am also waiting for that very rapid Morehead offense. The one that snaps the ball every play in under 15 seconds. Hopefully saving that for tOSU.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:45 pm

New record for spelling Gesicki's name wrong.

Congrats folks. Well done.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 pm

You mean Gesiki? :D

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 am

PSUgrower wrote:You mean Gesiki? :D

HA! That's a new one!!!