Hamilton Breaks Career Reception Record

Jerry Garcia

Re: Hamilton Breaks Career Reception Record

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:01 pm

I'd actually forgotten about Moye. He was a pretty darn good receiver.

As for Hamilton, his freshman season (86 receptions?) kind of gets forgotten yet he was doing some pretty incredible things right out of the gate. Not really sure why his production declined thru 2015-16, but it wasn't lack of talent, or apparently, work ethic. Godwin more or less blossomed as a special WR and the whole concurrent posse of receivers showed real ability with only 1 ball to throw around. IMO Butler vs Hamilton is very close to a tossup, but I'll err on the side of pure talent.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:35 am

Bobby Engram will be my choice as the top of the top. Deasan is a slot, possession receiver who by that position and nature will be called on to catch the short, mid range pass to keep drives alive and occasionally go deep and open the defense. He had done his job well and the numbers show it. He deserves any praise and recognition. He takes the game and his performance to heart as you can witness after the Pitttttt game last year when he missed a pass late in the game and blamed himself for the loss. Our team had many reason to lose that game but Deasan put it on his back and was inconsolable on the bench as the clock went to 00:00. He is a good young man and a good pass receiver. A big part of our offense and our wins. I'm thrilled for him to have such a great day when he surpassed the receiving record.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:17 am

Honestly, I think DaeSean Hamilton is like the Evan Royster of Penn State RB's. Just a guy who consistently went out, played his game, did his job on the field and off, represented the university well, but was never a guy who made all-American, or other post season awards. Like Royster, however, I think DaeSean gets a shot in the NFL.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:37 pm

92, he is a bit like Jordan Norwood. Not flashy but dependable and as you said he got the job done week after week. I agree he gets a shot at the bigs even as if a FA.