Northwestern Pre-Game

Blue&White

Re: Northwestern Pre-Game

Postby Blue&White » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:59 pm

I'm really not worried about the 11 AM start on the road. Maybe I'm just not understanding the situation well enough, but it doesn't phase me at all. I think we are probably going to kick the snot out of Illinois.

I actually expect a pretty easy win that still tells us nothing about this team in terms of their progress. My hope is that we can pull the starters midway thru the 3rd or early in the 4th, no one gets hurt, and we have time to rest up and heal before Michigan comes to town.

Ahhh, hell. Now I have to put my prediction in. And, it would probably be bad luck not to at this point:

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Getting the bye week before Michigan helps us, I think, going into the meat of our schedule. Not sure if past history is haunting me, but I've always seen UM as the principal villain in the BiG, not the Buckeyes. Maybe because Joe could never beat Lloyd Carr, maybe because of 2005 and Dave Witvoet, hell, maybe because the Fab Four never paid taxes on that booster money.

All that to say, it's safe to look past NW. They're gonna get waxed...then our guys are gonna get a nice weekend furlough next week to rest up for the big boys.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:50 pm

pennstate92 wrote: maybe because of 2005 and Dave Witvoet

Oh my goodness, 92... I was watching a non Penn State non conference game a week or so ago with my son, and I can't even remember the teams but there was an absolute horrible call that went the B1G teams way. I said something like, That looks like a call Michigan would get. My son gave this 'WTF' look and I had to explain all about officials and the B1G. That game was a big part of the conversation...

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:06 pm

Ugh. Single worst officiated game I ever saw. Still have images of Mario Manningham's feet coming down on the line, and who could forget the referee walking sideways to spot the ball? I thought that guy was drunk. Where he spotted it, vs. where the guy was down, he may have been.

That was, I think, the best Nittany Lion team I ever saw over the course of a full season (I was in the Persian Gulf for much of the 94 season).

Then again, the Ohio State game that went into OT a couple years ago was pretty bad too, in retrospect.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Blue&White wrote: . . . I think we are probably going to kick the snot out of Illinois.

I'd agree with you except PSU is playing Northwestern this week. I think it's good form to identify the right team if you're going to predict pain. But maybe that's just me. :lol: :D

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:27 pm

I mean, hell, it even says Northwestern at the top of the post.

:oops: :roll:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Yes, but with an 11 AM start there will be plenty of time to take a short drive and then kick the snot out of Illinois.

See, I didn't screw up. You guys just didn't understand. Sure, let's go with that.

:o

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 am

Now tell me Franklin doesn't have his team set and prepared for Sat:

"It's supposed to rain on Saturday. Ordered up rain for practice," Franklin joked. "Stood out in it for two hours. We stand out and got great rain work.

"It's supposed to rain on Saturday; our guys handled the rain, handled the noise. I think we had a really good week of preparation, I really do."

Actual Forecast:
11 am : 68° - Mostly Cloudy - 15 mph S - PRECIP: 34%
12 pm: 70° - Mostly Cloudy - 16 mph S - PRECIP: 15%
1 pm: 71° - Partly Cloudy - 17 mph S- PRECIP: 15%
2 pm: 73° - Partly Cloudy - 17 mph SSW- PRECIP: 15%
3 pm: 75° - Mostly Cloudy - 18 mph SSW- PRECIP: 15%
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 pm

ROAR LIONS ROAR!!!

Beat the Mildcats!