PSU at NW - In game

We Are...2

Re: PSU at NW - In game

Postby We Are...2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:03 pm

In 2 weeks, we will see what everyone has underestimated... 2 weeks boys!

This team plays better under fire... Barkley has a 200 plus game coming!

Michigan is very beatable!!!
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:31 pm

Michigan is beatable - MSU is playing them tough in the big house.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:44 pm

pennstate92 wrote:Michigan is beatable - MSU is playing them tough in the big house.

!!!!! Period
Michigan QB can not deal with pressure. MeatChiken is becoming exactly what We want...

May not have been pretty but we simply a very good team...1 game away from becoming who they really are...
All things are going to click!

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:01 pm

Moving on... MeatChicken. OVER RATED!!!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:22 am

Clearly, we would love for The Good Guys to run the table over the upcoming three game stretch....what a season that make....but realistically, it will mean all three units will need to play at a sustained high level over that three week period. That is certainly possible, yes.....Michigan State showed that Michigan is very beatable and we have the defense that can give the wolverines big problems....but winning two of the next three games will also mean this team has reached and surpassed any and all expectations we had for Penn State football just two years ago. We are positioned to compete with the big boys. And yes, few things would make me happier than to see this team run the table, but I am also a realist. I believe we'll still be in good stead if Penn State is 8-1 three weeks from now. There it is....now go ahead....pile on.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:38 am

I think we beat Michigan at home with ease. It will be ugly but we are the much better team. Beating OSU away is going to have to be the perfect game by all 3 facets of the game. They will be out for blood due to last year

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am

I think losing one of the 3 is likely. What concerns me more than Michigan at home is OSU on the road. And, Michigan State in East Lansing is no picnic either. We have 3 very tough games coming up and we've not looked like a team that is on track to win all three.

The off week came at just the right time. Give everyone a chance to get healthy and hopefully time for Franklin and the staff to work out some of the kinks. This is still a very good team, and the talent is there. We just need to put it all together.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Tommy Stevens made a nice fake to block on that TD. It caused the guy covering him to jump Barkley in the flat.

I was surprised how often Barkley and Gesecki stayed in to block. With the linebackers jumping Barkley all day I thought Gesecki would get behind a LB long.

Probably just a very conservative game plan once we got a lead and the defense was locking down NW.

Disappointed our receiver stepped out on that TD reception. Details.

Didn't think our right tackle was bad. Pressure seemed to be more up the middle. Seemed McSoreley had time but wasn't goinvv to force anything. Really he has not put up the back shoulder 'up for grabs' throws he was famous for last year. Again, low risk.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:38 pm

I think the rest of the schedule is manageable. I do think we're better of paper than all three of our next opponents. Michigan's having issues at the most important position. Michigan State can't consistently run up the type of scores they need to stay with us, and Ohio State is just really overrated. Pile on the weak sisters of the BiG and OOC, and look great for the mug shot. I have great respect for JT Barrett, but he has no weapons, and their oline is dinged up.

I don't think it's a stretch that we come out of the next three games 9-0, and that we go undefeated into the playoff.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:09 am

Wisconsin in the B10CG would be scary.