The NCAA is a complete joke

PSUgrower

Re: The NCAA is a complete joke

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:21 pm

Lion, I went to IUP too! This is not a fib, I needed only credit to graduate college. There was a scuba diving class that was one credit. I called the Professor and BEGGED because it was honestly the only 1 credit course that fit my schedule. I wasn't allowed to take more than 16 credits per semester so I could not just take another 3 credit course. Anywho, it was a sweet class and I got PADI certified.

Onto North Carolina, the NCAA should only investigate things when a competitive advantage is given to a team. To me NC was giving a competitive advantage to their athletes because they were taking shady classes. This meant they were able to recruit people that other school wouldn't be able to recruit and keep. Thus, this gave NC a competitive advantage. That was one reason I hated the NCAA coming down on PSU

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Well, G I went for the 84-85 academic year before realizing I was not quite ready for higher education. This was, I assume, a good while before you. The football cheer was “Penn State in 88” because they were a hot shit Div II team; than never came to be, lucky for them. I enjoyed my time but the fit was not right. The swimming instructor taught me a lot about yoga like muscle relaxation and a little about swimming. Had I not taken physics, calculus and chemistry all in my first semester as well, I may have finished!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:30 am

G, I am trying to watch Gameday from Old Main while I supervise my granddaughter this morning. I swear I saw an “IUP wants PSU” sign in the crowd!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:27 pm

That's funny.

I met a couple gals from IUP when still in school. They were, um, nice. :twisted:
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 am

I was there in 85-85. Some guy, comedian or something, had come through a few years earlier during a college tour and wrote a book rating the schools. IUP came in as the ugliest male (I think) student body. I remember guys wearing bags over their heads to football games. Good times...