The NCAA is a complete joke

Blue&White

Re: The NCAA is a complete joke

Postby Blue&White » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm not offended if your wife isn't offended. 8-)
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

My understanding of the new rule requires one or two days of rest. This means the athlete cannot be at the team facility for any reason, which I see as a bit extreme but can grasp the reasoning. Because Saturdays are a designated day of rest for football, the current team members could not go to the Lasch Building for the events that coincide with THON but they could attend the athletic team dance off because it was at the BJC.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:26 pm

Rick Pitino is publicly protesting his innocence, and urging Louisville to keep the 2013 National Championship banner up and asking the school to sue the NCAA.

I'm with Rick. Sue the bastards.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:37 pm

So, I still tune in to ESPN radio on the drive to or from work if something is going on in sports or the classic rock station is playing junk. Mike Golkc and company were discussing what a travesty the evacuation of wins and any other penalties levied against the school that really only hurts current athletes. While I agree with that sentiment, and always have, I wonder where this attitude was in 2001 & 12. If it was on any major sports outlet, I sure missed it.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:57 pm

IMO, the NCAA is there to make sure the playing field is fair and that is it! Penn State shouldn't have vacated any wins during the Sandusky crap because it had nothing to do with fair play.

Louisville was able to bring in players because they got laid and watched strippers perform all the time. I am still baffled on the whole North Carolina fake classes because it gave NC an unfair advantage to recruit and play players.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am

I think enforcing standards of amateurism and player eligibility based on things like academic integrity are within their remit as well (I guess that could fall into the field is "fair"). If Louisville did what they were accused of, I think the NCAA is probably in the right in pulling that championship as it its validity is in question due to potential player eligibility issues. I just don't take their word for it and have no problem with them being forced to prove it in court. Pitino's name was dragged pretty far into the mud over this scandal. He has every right to demand some kind of process before that version of events is assumed to be the final "truth".

For the record, from what I read about what went on in Louisville that was documented, Pitino either knew or went out of his way not to know (meaning he knew something was going on but just kept himself far enough away to not know the details). But, that's based on press reports. It may not be accurate. So, let's have us some due process. I'm all for that. Always.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 am

BTW- I am okay with the NCAAs handling of the situation at Louisville. I will never understand how NC did not get roughed up by the NCAA. I mean, I have a feeling I understand why the NCAA didn't drop the hammer on NC- it is because they love NC!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 am

If you're winning with ineligible players then the wins should go away. It happens all the time in Little League, high school sports etc. But once you get big money involved suddenly the powers that be seem to think differently.