The NCAA is a complete joke

LioninVa

Re: The NCAA is a complete joke

Postby LioninVa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 am

I just saw a story about this at OnwardState. I had very similar thoughts good nag through the reasoning. I am at a loss to figure what, exactly, the NCAA exists for. Aside from making money off of the athletes...

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Actually read your posts above and assumed satire, this can't be possible. I'd say dance away and seek forgiveness, worked for me in the corporate world many times. Yes, I know the ncaa has their tiny hard on for PSU but if this was pushed in a media blitz they'd have to back down due to public pressure pressing against their stupidity. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 pm

It may be satire, but it's not a joke. The NCAA themselves are satire.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:21 am

Blue&White wrote:It may be satire, but it's not a joke. The NCAA themselves are satire.

No, they are a JOKE! :twisted:

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:01 pm

I haven't seen this anywhere else. In fact, Pennlive has several videos of players dancing at Thon.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 pm

I saw it covered several places. But, after seeing Shore's post, I went and looked again. Turns out there may have been a misunderstanding that lead to some confusion.

This update tells a very different story than what I saw on Friday night and it sounds like the NCAA is actually acting reasonable.

So, ......

Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Blue&White wrote:I saw it covered several places. But, after seeing Shore's post, I went and looked again. Turns out there may have been a misunderstanding that lead to some confusion.

This update tells a very different story than what I saw on Friday night and it sounds like the NCAA is actually acting reasonable.

So, ......

So you are saying a media source got it wrong? How is that possible? They are pure as the driven snow, right? Driven snow in East Lansing Mich. that is. I don't believe anything the media prints or says. That way I correct at least 80% of the time.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm

They got it wrong but I didn't get the sense it was malicious. I think it's probably more accurate to say the situation was not made as clear as it could have been. I read the article like the NCAA contributed to the confusion. But, as of Friday night I read that even Coach Franklin thought his players were excluded and he would not have gotten that from just the press. He would have had other information. I don't think it's fair to blame the press for this.

In any case, I am glad it was cleared and the players who wished to participate were able to do so.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 pm

It would have been crazy to bar them, the PR alone would have been brutal. Any rule written in a convoluted manner which can be misunderstood easily needs to be rewritten so any commoner out her can understand it.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Carl Spackler wrote:It would have been crazy to bar them, the PR alone would have been brutal. Any rule written in a convoluted manner which can be misunderstood easily needs to be rewritten so any commoner out her can understand it.

Tell that to the lawyers.

No offense BW.

:D
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.