The NCAA is a complete joke

LioninVa

Re: The NCAA is a complete joke

Postby LioninVa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 am

I just saw a story about this at OnwardState. I had very similar thoughts good nag through the reasoning. I am at a loss to figure what, exactly, the NCAA exists for. Aside from making money off of the athletes...

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:04 pm

Actually read your posts above and assumed satire, this can't be possible. I'd say dance away and seek forgiveness, worked for me in the corporate world many times. Yes, I know the ncaa has their tiny hard on for PSU but if this was pushed in a media blitz they'd have to back down due to public pressure pressing against their stupidity. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:25 pm

It may be satire, but it's not a joke. The NCAA themselves are satire.
Hire Alex Cora

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:21 am

Blue&White wrote:It may be satire, but it's not a joke. The NCAA themselves are satire.

No, they are a JOKE! :twisted:

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:01 pm

I haven't seen this anywhere else. In fact, Pennlive has several videos of players dancing at Thon.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:11 pm

I saw it covered several places. But, after seeing Shore's post, I went and looked again. Turns out there may have been a misunderstanding that lead to some confusion.

This update tells a very different story than what I saw on Friday night and it sounds like the NCAA is actually acting reasonable.

So, ......

Hire Alex Cora

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Blue&White wrote:I saw it covered several places. But, after seeing Shore's post, I went and looked again. Turns out there may have been a misunderstanding that lead to some confusion.

This update tells a very different story than what I saw on Friday night and it sounds like the NCAA is actually acting reasonable.

So, ......

So you are saying a media source got it wrong? How is that possible? They are pure as the driven snow, right? Driven snow in East Lansing Mich. that is. I don't believe anything the media prints or says. That way I correct at least 80% of the time.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm

They got it wrong but I didn't get the sense it was malicious. I think it's probably more accurate to say the situation was not made as clear as it could have been. I read the article like the NCAA contributed to the confusion. But, as of Friday night I read that even Coach Franklin thought his players were excluded and he would not have gotten that from just the press. He would have had other information. I don't think it's fair to blame the press for this.

In any case, I am glad it was cleared and the players who wished to participate were able to do so.
Hire Alex Cora

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:14 pm

It would have been crazy to bar them, the PR alone would have been brutal. Any rule written in a convoluted manner which can be misunderstood easily needs to be rewritten so any commoner out her can understand it.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Carl Spackler wrote:It would have been crazy to bar them, the PR alone would have been brutal. Any rule written in a convoluted manner which can be misunderstood easily needs to be rewritten so any commoner out her can understand it.

Tell that to the lawyers.

No offense BW.

:D
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.