Michigan Pre-game...

We Are...2

Re: Michigan Pre-game...

Postby We Are...2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Carl Spackler wrote:White outs are very special, no other team or fan base can understand what a white out is like until they experience it. The place glows like the sun.
Many have tried to emulate it but no one comes close to duplicating it. Plus, we owe some payback Sat. night. ;)

Here is what the players describe as a White-Out, or rather don't explain:
https://pennstate.247sports.com/Article ... ttanyLions

Quote of the week: How do the Lions describe a White-Out environment? 'You can't'

Can Sat. Night come fast enough?
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:27 pm

We should win this game. It will be hard fought but we are at home with an electric crowd. I hope we don't have a few 3 and out to start the game. I want to take the ball down the field and score first. Our defense is playing lights out and this offensive MU squad is weak. I have no clue how Saquon will do because teams are keying in on him. i think he could have a huge game because MU might think they don't have to key in on him as much. We need to get Gesicki involved early and often. MU is a man team who blitzes. Trace must get the ball out early. I could see MU sit back a bit more and try to knock down Trace's passes. I love that GameDay is heading up there and the crowd is going to be insane from start to finish. Winning the next 3 games gets us into the playoff. But now we worry about Michigan!!
Prognostication:
Good Guys- 24
Bad guys- 13

Side note, we have to head up to McKean county tomorrow night and come home Saturday. I am completely avoiding PSU and heading up 11/15. It is going to be an absolute zoo up there!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I want us to block five fg attempts against that sorry, tree-climbing POS, I want the offense to amass 500 on the ground and 500 in the air and I want the defense to limit Michigan to -85 total yards.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:07 pm

Going to game! I don't have white PSU gear. Will they provide t shirts or should I suck it up and go buy a jersey? My first white out!!!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:34 am

I don't think they provide white shirts, but am not positive. I would think, since this is your first White Out, you should get something white because you don't want to be that guy who isn't decked out. Of course, if you ask CJF, he would suggest al white from hat to shoes!

I assume there is an official shirt that can be purchased at the stores in town, or maybe a white hoodie since it's a night game in Happy Valley. Have fun!

JerseyLion

Postby JerseyLion » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:55 am

I believe the "official" White-Out shirt can be purchased at the Penn State Bookstore on campus next to the HUB.

However, I would guarantee any store downtown selling Penn State merchandise, including Lions Pride, Student Book Store, Family Clothesline, Rapid Transit, and McLanahan's, will have a bunch of white shirts, sweatshirts, jerseys, and jackets for sale.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am

https://twitter.com/mannybowens3/status ... 7795628032

Manny Bowen's Twitter feed says it all.
This is what is being said... Think we aren't ready????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

This thread is awesome. Pee troughs, Buddha, the Orioles, McKean County....what next, a Trump tweet?

In transit, I will miss the first half - going to walk in to my empty house, hit the DVR and soak in the white out from the beginning. I’m a bit worried about Michigan’s D and think our ST’s need to be at the top of their games to give us the win (FGs, FGs, FGs). Also, absolutely no TOs in our own territory.

We git ‘er done, 16-13.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:38 am

JG
Just a thought of your here to there - is there a sports bar at the "here" you can watch the 1st half - do the transit to there during halftime and finish game at your house? This feels like "don't want to miss" moment.

I'm planning on a sports bar within walking distance to my place.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:44 am

sameoldlama wrote:JG
This feels like "don't want to miss" moment.

I think lama speaks for all of Nittany Nation on this one! Haven't been this excited and prep'ed since tOSU last year! I am sticking to my guns, WE ARE...going to see what this team can really do on Saturday night!

Michigan, Michigan, Michigan...