Michigan - In Game

nittwittier

Re: Michigan - In Game

Postby nittwittier » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm going crazy. I'm so happy. And everybody smiling from ear to ear.

By the way, we must have secured like 50 commitments from recruits today. Atmosphere literally cannot be matched.

You should have heard the Meatchicken fans complaining about the no grounding call. Payback is a bitch. Their tears are sustaining me

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:40 pm

So, had a thought. Rashan Gary played like sh** tonight. Our line played a big factor in that - thought they held together really well.

Next week's gonna be an interesting game.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 am

I was hoping this was going to be like Iowa 2016 and not Iowa 2017 and pretty much got my wish - PSU was solid in every phase of the game - really can't ask for much more. UM is a brand name in college football and Harbaugh is a big name coach - this was a prime time and PSU showed up ready for the fight. Good to see them not lose composure after UM came back from the 1st QT haymaker PSU threw (note in 1st and 3rd QT PSU has outscored opposition 166 - 3 - that say a lot of the coaching prep before game and half time adjustments).

I know people get a bit anxious over the negative plays of the RPO and Barkley sometimes giving up 3 yards looking for 80 but as I have been saying the PSU philosophy is to get a certain number of splash plays.

Barkley and UM back has same number of carries - Barkely had double the yardage.
O'Korn and McSorely had about same number of completions and attempts - McS had over 100 yards more passing.

That is what the RPO is designed to deliver. And it delivered 42 points against a highly rated defense. So the OL must be blocking somebody.

Anyone else noticing that CJF seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder - they ran plays til 0;00 rather than take victory formation so it looked he had no problem "returning the favor" to UM and Harbaugh. They ran it up on MSU last year and players have said when prepping for the game the coaches replayed MSU giving a lineman a score when they ran it up on PSU year before. I think CJF said "OK kick me when I'm down but when I get a full roster you're going to find out I ain't your little brother."

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:14 pm

I've really enjoyed reading the meltdown of Michigan fans on various websites. I don't troll them, I just look but man is it funny.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm

I believe the word that best describes MeatChicken fans is...SHELL SHOCKED! I am pretty sure if you walk into Beaver Stadium right now...Harbaugh's jaw is still on the sidelines...
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Lavert Hill (who was one the last minute flips with Quinn Nordin a few years ago), did some more flipping this past weekend apparently - specifically, flipping the crowd double barreled birds!

Everything about this win was so spectacular. Michigan fans are in total despair. Players are melting down. So good.

I found a wallet on the street today stuffed with cash. Returned it to address. Wonder if I would have done that had we lost? I'm in such a good mood these days :)

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:41 pm

We Are...2 wrote:I believe the word that best describes MeatChicken fans is...SHELL SHOCKED! I am pretty sure if you walk into Beaver Stadium right now...Harbaugh's jaw is still on the sidelines...

I saw somewhere that after 33 games Brady Hoke and Jim Harbaugh both had 25-8 records. I can't believe UM fans envisioned that. Harbaugh's seat must be getting a little warmer...