This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

We Are...2

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby We Are...2 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:49 am

nittwittier wrote:Rain kills the pass rush. Not sure who that benefits more...

I agree. However, the tOSU fans are all up in arms about the weather and how they will be perceived when the "Black-out" fails. It is honestly hilarious to see them so focused on what many give them some advantage. I could be wrong (it happens a few times) but the feeling I am getting is that they are worried about just how good they are and if the Oklahoma game may repeat itself.

In the end, bad weather may be Barkley's best friend. Rain has little effect on him, but it does effect those who are trying to tackle him. His style of running at a defender is perfect for bad weather. The defender has a 50/50 shot of guessing and reacting fast enough to make a tackle...I like those odds!
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Carl Spackler

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:11 pm

WE ARE 2, I'm with ya buddy. I'm typically pessimistic but not this weekend. Living in the middle of them I can feel the fear stemming from the fact that most don't want to discuss the game (lack of usual arrogance) and the false arrogance of the minority is posturing from fear. They saw the "vaunted" um defense which destroyed UF in the season opener fail utterly last Sat. night and fear the same will occur this Sat. afternoon.

osu is a far better team than um but still they fear any team that is even slightly close to their talent level and have shown a propensity to score, a description along with a defense better than the 12 man defensive end unit they profess to be invincible, after the OK game anyway.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:02 am

I think I have read all I can read, gone over the stats, and listened to all the pundits...I can not find a shred of evidence that would support that we aren't sending the best PSU team into Columbus, a team with capability to handle a tOSU team that is equal at best. This team has put THEMSELVES in this position and they control what happens Sat. You are not getting that brash and cocky rhetoric from the PSU fan base leading into this game...I can see a quiet calmness that is freaking out tOSU fans. I think the consensus is: if not now, when?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:31 am

I can not find a shred of evidence that would support that we aren't sending the best PSU team into Columbus,

Are you familiar with the concept of confirmation bias?

Doesn't matter. Stats and message board comments don't matter. What PSU and OSU did in the past doesn't matter. Let's just get the two teams on the field already. I'm sick of talking about it. I can't wait for this game.

I will say this, though - I haven't been this amped for a PSU game in a long, long time. The last time I felt like this was just before the 2005 OSU game. The lead up to that game made for a long week. The lead up to this game is turning into a long week, too. The past 10 years or so PSU football was something I did, not something I necessarily anticipated. This season has been different. That 2 week interval before the Michigan game was hell. And, this waiting for the OSU game is torture.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:41 am

I think we are all swimming in your anticipation B&W. It's almost a weird or foreign feeling...like something that you have felt before but can't quite put a finger on.
It's a tug in the positive direction that your mind fights but your body embraces!
The calm before the storm scenario is something that we have all longed for...and now that it's here, we need to embrace it!
This team has a lot of fuel to work with - this game will show everyone what they already know!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:08 am

I haven't followed tOSU much this season. I saw some of the loss and watched a little if the game seemed close, but usually the games didn't look close so I found another one to watch. As a result, I don't know much about this team other than their 19th year QB...

Since it is only Thursday, and 3:30 Saturday seem like an eternity away, I have found myself looking for information. I don't pretend to know what is going on in the heads of the coaches or players, but I am getting the feeling that the only reason most of the prognosticators are picking the Bucknuts is because the game is at the Shoe. Statistical values are skewed based on competition, so I don't know if or how their defense compares to UM. I know that we were told that "you haven't played anyone good yet..." while tOSU lost to a very good team, escaped another one and beat up on the lightweights that they should have.

I am liking our chances in this one. I can only imagine the coaches in Columbus settling in to watch the defensive struggle that was supposed to happen last Saturday night realize that they had to redo all of the plans they made in their bye week within a few minutes of the kick off!

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:15 am

LioninVa wrote: I can only imagine the coaches in Columbus settling in to watch the defensive struggle that was supposed to happen last Saturday night realize that they had to redo all of the plans they made in their bye week within a few minutes of the kick off!

This was my big point - I am sure that tOSU's bye week practice was much different than this weeks practice. The off week might not benefit tOSU as much as it could have, at least in terms of practice. I really don't know if tOSU players know if they are the same team that played Oklahoma or not...not sure anyone knows. We will find out Sat.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:27 am

I'll go with gut instinct and predict a PSU victory.

Penn State 20, Ohio State 10 in a glorious B10 rain and mud fest.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:57 am

Except there will be no mud. I think PSU and Purdue are the only teams left in the BIG that have grass playing surfaces.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:15 am

Damn. Scratch that then. It'll still be a glorious, nasty weather B10 rain fest though! 8-)