This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

We Are...2

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:52 am

He's an article that sums it all up:
http://www.ydr.com/story/sports/college ... 793194001/
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

sameoldlama

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:32 pm

I will be out in Arizona running a 10k at the Desert Boneyard (that's at the Air Force base where they retire the old military planes) and then looking for a Sports Bar to watch game.

I will either be a quiet miserable dude sitting there by myself or a manic dude that the staff is considering calling mental health authorities to come get.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:37 pm

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 pm

I can't get a good read on this game. For the Michigan game, I knew that we should win and do so in something more leisurely than a nail biter. No clue about this one. I could see OSU winning by 3 scores, I could see PSU wining by 3 scores and I can see a nail biter with either team winning.

Love that this team doesn't seem to get caught up in the fluff, hype, etc. Strong leadership all around. Love that we've seen just enough offensive wrinkles that it makes OSU and others really have to think about what we might throw at them. All sorts of variants we can pull out of the different wrinkles. You have Barkley taking direct snaps last week, but we've shown that we're willing to let him throw the ball. Tommy has been on the field running and catching the ball, but we know he's a good passer. By showing one wrinkle, and a willingness to get creative, defenses have really got a heck of a lot to wrap their heads around. Just motioning Barkley last week helped tremendously in moving UM's LBs out of the box, freeing up running lanes for Trace and making the OL's job much easier.

I am a bit worried about PSU's defense vs OSU's offence. Dobbins is a heck of a RB, and could cause some issues between the tackles. If he can get going, that'll open up the outside for Barrett.

Not ready to make a call, although I'm leaning towards a Buckeye win.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:06 pm

Columbus is 60 mins South Southwest of my location. Weather forecasts predict that the rain called for at game time earlier in the week will be far less in quantity and earlier to exit the area meaning it exits Columbus earlier than my location. The game may be dry, hopefully the field will be dry as well. I suspect that is in our favor. In fact, as Carl Spackler, the all knowing who lived in Punxsutawney for two years tending the groundhog at the country club I predict.........PAIN for osu. :evil:

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 pm

PennState03Chris wrote:
Not ready to make a call, although I'm leaning towards a Buckeye win.

Let me show you some facts that might help dissuade your leaning:

1. Penn State’s ability to win games despite a failure to convert on 3rd and 3, 3rd and 6 or 3rd and 9, is a great equalizer. It’s emotionally demoralizing for a defense, difficult to plan for by a coaching staff, and can erase carefully built up advantages over the course of the game.

Penn State has the individual playmakers to turn the math on its head.

2. The best offensive player in the country, running back Saquon Barkley, plus matchup nightmare Mike Gesicki and an offense that is unafraid to go deep and be aggressive, the Nittany Lions are a threat to pick up chunk plays regardless of down and distance.

3. Penn State is also +7 in turnover margin, and has demonstrated they know how to take advantage of big plays on special teams.

4. Last season against Ohio State, we were 2 of 13 on 3rd down (and 0-1 on 4th down),
And yet, Penn State WON!

They will enter Ohio Stadium with some needed swagger and play loose, which is unlike most every Penn State team you have ever seen. They are balanced, thoroughly so. They combine superb planning with the nation's best player at tailback, and maybe it's toughest at quarterback.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:33 pm

Shore Lion wrote:Except there will be no mud. I think PSU and Purdue are the only teams left in the BIG that have grass playing surfaces.

Northwestern does too. Looks really old school as well, I've always been a fan.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:55 pm

sameoldlama wrote:I will either be a quiet miserable dude sitting there by myself or a manic dude that the staff is considering calling mental health authorities to come get.

That, aside from the 10k recovery aspect, sums up many of us, lama! Either in a bar or living room, no less. I am hoping it’s the manic mental dude!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Yes, you're right. I forgot about NW. I did look it up. They actually had astroturf for over 20 years but went back to grass in the 90's. They're also the only school in FBS without permanent lights.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm

I'm interested to see just how good OSU's offense is and just how good PSU's defense is. Let's face it, PSU hasn't exactly played any offensive juggernauts. I think the best offense they've played is 72nd. I'm really worried about OSU's running game. If they get that going it could be a long day. But by the same token OSU has really padded their stats against bad defenses. Gotta keep tackling well, far fewer missed tackles this year compared to last.