This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Crowbar

This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby Crowbar » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:22 am

Sorry, couldn't resist the subject header. Timeless moment.

Jerry Garcia

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:44 am

Favorite call ever by Fowler.

PennState03Chris

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby PennState03Chris » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:12 am

Crowbar wrote:Sorry, couldn't resist the subject header. Timeless moment.

Boy, you've sure bought into Franklin's, "We'll enjoy the victory for an hour and then it's on to our next opponent" mantra. :D

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:58 pm

First thoughts about the upcoming game: Lions are finally in the same echelon as osu in terms of talent, experience, and coaching. Should the Franklin Express continue on as we all hope it will, games against the suckeyes should no longer be the “either/or” of 3-pt wins or 30-Point losses. We have reached parity. Staying at parity is another matter, but right now we’re there. Second thought: PSU is still being treated as the underdog by the national media. In their minds, we’re not quite there. It will take a victory at the ‘shoe to change some minds. 3rd: Rotating 22-24 guys on D will pay dividends on Saturday, as will apparent O-line stability that we saw last night. 4th: I’m smelling a win on the horizon. The table is set.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 pm

This is a scary game. For them. You know what my prediction is:

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am

After perusing the tOSU threads, I have seen that most of their fan based is confident in a 2 score win. The bashing of PSU that occurred in the off week has suddenly changed...before it was Michgan's D was going to embarrass PSU at home in front of the White-Out. That we were one of the most overrated teams in college football.
This week there is a much different tone...they are quite sure that their team is much better than the one that showed up against Oklahoma (or didn't show up, as the case may be). They feel that Michigan now was the overrated team. I completely expected that we would wind up being seen as over-matched in the Buckeye's eyes. The funny thing that resonates across all the Buckeye boards is that while verbally confident while typing...there is real sense of not knowing how good PSU really is. There is a real "shock" factor that PSU's offense was able to put those kind of offensive numbers. And that we could score in so many different ways. There is a HUGE discussion about tOSU's DBs ability to cover our wide-outs and TE's. The sense of the score going above 30 for PSU is absolutely frightening for them. They want a low scoring - grind - game. I am afraid that PSU is not going to go that route - at all.
I think we saw some great wrinkles in our offense Sat. night - but i don't think we have seen them all. Moorehead I feel is getting pretty confident that the O can execute his plans to a T. I also think that the downfield passing is something we are going to see a lot of next Sat. at the Shoe. I am not sure anyone's (save Alabama) secondary can stop McSorley's arial attack. He is feeling the ball and the receivers are locked in.
I am not sure that we could be playing much better leading into this game. I said it last week...you will see PSU's most complete game...and WE SAW EXACTLY THAT!
We will see the same this week...this team is able to focus on one goal at a time...playing at the Shoe doesn't phase this team...they win - they move on. It's that simple!
OSU, OSU, OSU
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 am

In 2008 PSU beat Michigan by the same margin (29 points) and then went to the Horseshoe and beat OSU. So it's not like it hasn't been done before. And as good as that team was I think this one is better.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:22 am

The landscape of this game changed Sat. night at 11:00pm...PSU was not seen in anyone's eyes of being capable of doing what they did to Michigan's D. That is stated fact - it shocked everyone, including Harbaugh! The other person who took notice was Urban Meyer...
I am not saying that tOSU won't be prepared, they will have to prepare much differently than they did last week. This PSU team is very dangerous and play with the intent on beating everyone. They play each game exactly the same - no matter who they play. That makes them very hard to beat. All they hype and buildup makes no difference to them.
It's actually funny to see the media and fans make so much of these games...it's for them and I get it. The irony is - the players and coaching staff ignore it.
I will stand on this until proven otherwise...this team has one goal (and no matter what anyone says) that goal is to win each and every game - one at a time! With this mentality, no-one is unbeatable and every win matters equally! That my friends is a recipe for success.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am

PennState03Chris wrote:
Crowbar wrote:Sorry, couldn't resist the subject header. Timeless moment.

Boy, you've sure bought into Franklin's, "We'll enjoy the victory for an hour and then it's on to our next opponent" mantra. :D

:lol:

Sorry, you can't tell there aren't a few seconds when he is alone in his office and he reflects back to that glorious and watershed moment and says "Jeebus that was awesome."

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:01 pm

A night game at home isn't the same as a 3:30 game in the Shoe. I like us in this game but it's by no means a sure thing.