This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

tempe

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby tempe » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 pm

So does State win a shoot out? Which works better for State - low score grind or high flying affair?

Underlion

Re: This is from 45...and it's BLOCKED...Lions scoop it up up!...Grant Haley...WILL SCORE!!!!! Ohio StatePregame

Postby Underlion » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:04 pm

Shore Lion wrote:I'm interested to see just how good OSU's offense is and just how good PSU's defense is. Let's face it, PSU hasn't exactly played any offensive juggernauts. I think the best offense they've played is 72nd. I'm really worried about OSU's running game. If they get that going it could be a long day. But by the same token OSU has really padded their stats against bad defenses. Gotta keep tackling well, far fewer missed tackles this year compared to last.

I have a hard time believing that Harbaugh doesn't have a TOP 30 offense. Are they conservative, old school? Yes. Has the strategy been to keep the ball away from PSU offense? Yes. I don't think the Michigan QB was bad. Unless the theory is that Harbaugh can only recruit the defensive side... They are still Michigan and we are led to believe that the B10 East has 3 super recruiters. We will learn a lot Saturday.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 pm

We are traveling to Pittsburgh for a wedding this weekend. Wedding is at 2 pm. I will be losing my mind if we're still in that church at 3:00. I'll need to find a bar to watch the game which places me in the same dilemna as lama. I'm hoping not to make a spectacle of myself. It won't be easy. I believe the game will be close. I believe we will win.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:07 pm

I think 60 points are scored. I have a feeling OSU will score points and but we will just score more than them. They are the best offensive team we will play this year. We did a terrible job of keeping MU QB contained. Players need to figure out that if they aren't getting to the QB, they need to contain them, put their hands up, and play solid in the 2ndary. Personally, I just think we have the better team. Hopefully, we don't have too many mistakes. We need to be mistake free

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:44 am

Latest weather forecast:
Looks to be a very minimal factor.
3pm - 47 Rain 54%
4pm - 46 Rain 54%
5pm - 45 Rain ending 40%
6pm - 43
7pm - 42

Low 35 with Flurries (after 1am)
Last edited by We Are...2 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Nittany Flier

Postby Nittany Flier » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:55 am

I sure hope the game isn't still going at 1 am.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:56 am

Nittany Flier wrote:I sure hope the game isn't still going at 1 am.

Yeah me too, that was for tailgate purposes and travel home...

Side note:
The pressure on Barrett must be almost overwhelming. I have read and seen so much about this being the biggest game of his career. That he must go out and prove that he is what people though he was. That this could make or break tOSU season - all depending on how he preforms. Wow, talk about pressure. Barrett is a good QB and runs tOSU offense, but if he is the sole reason you win or lose...you have issues (see Florida St.). It will be interesting to see how Barrett handles the big stage and if he really has improved that much over the Oklahoma game. I am wondering if in his head...he is asking himself the same question?

Just watched a FOX preview that tackled the same question...they are making this game about Barrett and Barrett alone. You wonder how much pressure he is feeling.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:39 am

I’m hoping he faces so much pressure that he cracks!

tOSU lost to a ranked opponent but has yet to beat one, if I read the records correctly. Sure, those wins were by a combined million points but against teams they should beat. The one raked team got in their heads and they couldn’t figure out how to succeed.

We faced Iowa, at Kinnick, at night. It was not a pretty game, but the team came together, rebounded and got the win. We beat up on the top rated defense last week in much more favorable circumstances, but they rebounded again after letting UM back in the game.

If the game is close, I believe we have the intangible of coming back on our side. Same thing if we get behind a little. If we go up a score or two early, I expect them to keep piling on an pull away. No score prediction, but I feel better today then I did this time last week.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 pm

I am a little unsure of what to make of our defense also. Specifically, I am worried about our inability to prevent QBs from scrambling. Which of course, with Barrett and Meyer in particular, is crucial to winning this Saturday.

In previous games this season, QBs have run around on us. You could argue that in part was by design (we were up in these games and perhaps guarding against the pass). But nevertheless, it has made me uneasy about Saturday.

Same story for us this weekend - offensive line blocks, Trace doesnt make those bad turnovers, we win. Defense needs only to be decent hopefully (although I will take great!)

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:29 pm

What we are all feeling this Friday...waiting for 3:30 tomorrow!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.