Buckeye In Game

Nat@PSU

Re: Buckeye In Game

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:50 pm

We went too conservative in the 4th offensively. Had the game, played not to lose and lost it. This one hurts. Most devastating loss of my PSU fandom.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Shane

Postby Shane » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

This game was eerily similar to the rose bowl, doesn’t look like we learned from that.

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 pm

This is on the coaches. Horrible game calls down the stretch. Just horrible.players didn't stand a chance with the garbage they were given. On both sides of the ball.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Nat, this was painful because it was 1 point and a big deal. But it isn’t devastating as I see it. Nittany Nation has been through far worse and had worse losses. Last years 2 regular season losses wore worse to me than this one, not that today was easy. We had this game and gave it away. In that regard, I agree but we beat them last year and won the league title tamer they went to the dance. That was worse to me.

I under what you are saying but don’t let it keep you up at night!

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:03 pm

My grandma died early this morning and Penn State hemmoraged a game tonight. What a day.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Nat, I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Damn Nat. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Walt

Postby Walt » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Shore Lion wrote:Did Barkley even run a receiving route down field?

I was really surprised they didn’t use Barkley in the passing game. Frankly...surprised they didn’t try to find ways to get him more touches.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Sorry Nat :(

There is still a world where we can make the playoffs. But not a great shot now.

The game was lost mainly because our major weaknesses were finally exposed in a big way. Offensive line got blown up. And we cant stop running qbs which I have been complaIning about for weeks.

Other observations:
1) we cannot keep taking such huge losses on early downs. Kills us. Related to o line obviously
2) play calling was too conservative. I actually don't have as much of an issue with offensive calls. Like going up by two scores late should have sealed win. So fg made sense. And again, had we not talked that massive loss on third down, we might have gone for it. Pry should be embarrassed though
3) Haley was awful. Two killer penalties that gave up a TD and negated a turnover. Whole secondary picked a bad day to play their worst game. Only Miller and Bowen showed up today on D
4) we are good but fatally flawed. Convinced we can play with anybody except Bama
5) I hate that I let myself believe. You guys partly to blame for that :p

Sigh.

We are...

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:47 pm

We lost to a TOP 4 team that played lights out the last quarter. Back away from the cliff. We are ahead of schedule.

WE ARE