Penn State at Michigan State Pregame

Carl Spackler

Re: Penn State at Michigan State Pregame

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Campbell likes chips, so do I. Cash all the chips in on MSU this Sat. for a nooner. I suspect we may be surprised at the outcome. Time will tell.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:57 am

From all reports and interviews, the team had outstanding practices this week and the leaders have stepped up to put tOSU behind them.

Penn State will likely go with, from left to right, Will Fries, Steven Gonzalez, Connor McGovern, Brendan Mahon, and Chasz Wright, which is how it finished the game in Columbus, on Saturday if Bates cannot play, although it could move Mahon out to tackle, as well, and perhaps bring Wright in to guard or Menet or someone else.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Stats for Sat:

SportsLine Projection Model’s score: Penn State 30, Michigan State 13

Vegas line: The Nittany Lions opened at -11, with the line dropping to -7.5 (O/U 49.5)

Projected Statistics: Trace McSorley throws for 265 yards and 1.83 TDs and Saquon Barkley runs 20.9 times for 86 yards for PSU. Brian Lewerke passes for 186 yards for the Spartans.

Side Note: These Projections have been deadly accurate.I didn't post last weeks because it was...disheartening...anyway, here is what it was:
PENN STATE AT OHIO STATE, 3:30 P.M. ET

SportsLine Projection Model’s score: Ohio State 25, Penn State 20

Vegas line: The Buckeyes are favored by 6.5 points at home (O/U 57.5)

Projected Statistics: J.T. Barrett throws for 241 yards and 1.57 TDs and runs for 50 yards for OSU, and J.K. Dobbins runs for 79 yards. For PSU, Trace McSorley passes for 215 yards and 1.18 TDs and Saquon Barkley runs for 84 more

MICHIGAN AT PENN STATE, 7:30 P.M. ET

SportsLine Projection Model’s score: Penn State 31, Michigan 17

Vegas line: The Nittany Lions opened at -11.5, with the line quickly moving to -10 (O/U 42.5)

Projected Statistics: Trace McSorley passes for 230 yards, 1.86 TDs and 1.25 INTs, with Saquon Barkley rushing for 77 yards for PSU. John O’Korn throws for 161 yards for Michigan.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

JerseyLion

Postby JerseyLion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:11 pm

I certainly hope that projection plays out for real.

Headed to the game tomorrow, thanks to a great idea my wife came up with a couple of years ago when we were dating...attend one PSU road game per year.

2015 - Maryland in Baltimore (not a true road game, but close enough; perhaps we'll trek to College Park in the future)
2016 - B1G title game in Indy (again, not a true road game, but definitely one we will never forget)

I've been to MSU one other time, during the late-season meltdown of 1999, so I need a better result. I'm confident there will be no hangover from last week.

I've been to the Shoe 3 times and the Big House once; I offered my wife one more visit to each for her benefit, but she said that wasn't necessary.

I imagine the only difficult tickets will be Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Iowa. All of the other sites (Minn/NW/Purdue/Illinois/IU/Rut) appear to never sell out, so no detailed advance planning would be necessary.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 am

JerseyLion wrote:I've been to the Shoe 3 times and the Big House once; I offered my wife one more visit to each for her benefit, but she said that wasn't necessary.

You obviously married well. I once saw UM-OSU in the 'shoe, when a bored post-PSU roommate and I trekked from W.Virginia to Columbus on a lark. I think Art Schlichter was OSU's qb. Around twenty years ago we found ourselves in Ann Arbor in the summer so we wandered over to the big house. The doors were open and the place was empty, so in we went. I have photos somewhere of my son running around on the grass by himself as we watched from 20-30 rows up. I too have no need to enter either place again.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm

I drove my mgb home to warren pa mid 1990s. My one day to be wife and I drove to State College and walked to the Beaver stadium - and yea - the place is completely open. Walked in across the field - up to the score board - took pics (old style pre-phone) I left. No one said a thing to us - must have been the pretty girl and my camera.