Michigan State In-Game

nittwittier

Re: Michigan State In-Game

Postby nittwittier » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Things done changed in two painful weeks. Hopefully we have done enough to hold onto this recruiting class. That and Heisman only two things we are really playing for now...

BS roughing call btw

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:26 pm

I hope no B1G teams make the playoffs.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:28 pm

nittwittier wrote: Heisman only two things we are really playing for now...

I think the Heisman is a pipe dream now.

Not happening.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Yeah he'll be in New York but he's not winning it.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:11 pm

Shore Lion wrote:Yeah he'll be in New York but he's not winning it.

For PSU it is good that he will be there and they will be talking about him for the rest of then year. So for PSU they get the similar value even if he doesn't win.

Besides we never get gifts. Today, 94, Nixon :lol:

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:13 pm

nittwittier wrote:BS roughing call btw

Not as bad as the non interference call on the one interception.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:19 pm

oh well - and Ohio got creamed. We could of would of. Love State. Sorry for the team - crappy, odd game. Somehow the team seems a little lost. Coaching? Play calling seems off - everything just seems a bit off. See how it goes from here.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:33 pm

nittwittier wrote:Things done changed in two painful weeks. Hopefully we have done enough to hold onto this recruiting class. That and Heisman only two things we are really playing for now...

And both games were easily winnable, despite running into a ridiculous performance by Barrett and equally ridiculous performances by MSU's receivers. But, like some have said here our lines have been exposed, and I'd rather not get embarrassed on the really big national stage like ND did a few years ago. I'm thinking that Wisconsin would not be a fun game at this point, either. We're not quite there. I mistakenly thought based on last years final ten games that our OL was on the threshold of elite-ness. Wrong again, they're not. What hurts is that there will be no more Allen, Cabinda, Barkley (most likely), Gesicki, Hamilton, Haley, Cothren brothers, Mahon, etc. Those guys have all been the playmakers for nearly two whole years and we'll miss them next year. But if the OL keeps developing, games like today might end up W's. It's really hard to be one of the top 4...

On the positive side, OSU got absolutely HUMILIATED today. Almost eliminates the sting of our loss - not quite, but very close.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:39 pm

I think the drubbing OSU took today makes the loss sting even more. They could have started to climb back up the polls today if they won.

UGH.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Crowbar wrote:I think the drubbing OSU took today makes the loss sting even more. They could have started to climb back up the polls today if they won.

UGH.

Yes, but I don't think we could beat Wisconsin. They'd jam it down our throats on both sides of the ball IMO.