Rutgers Pregame

We Are...2

Re: Rutgers Pregame

Postby We Are...2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:06 pm

Oh I still think we win out. I also know that the National Championship WE ALL wanted is not going to happen...I am ok with that. I just don't want us to end up in a ho-hum bowl game that has no meaning for the team - and one that it's hard to "get up" for.
What bothers me most about the loses is that we could have won both - tOSU can not say the same...and that makes it "ok"
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Most of my thoughts, for a post sucky loss Monday have already been made by others here. Reality has kicked in for all, I guess. As we close in on Saturday, I may have more thought but it’s hard to get excited for Rutgers after the past two games. Not that I won’t watch, cheer, drink and yell at the tv of course! I believe the team will be focused so I should be as well.

Shore, where in MD are you? My in laws are on the shore outside of Easton and we go up every Thanksgiving (and many other times during the year).

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Glad to see everyone is pretty even keeled after the last two weeks. Rutgers first, then I'll worry about the Huskers and the Terps.

Expect a big win on Homecoming. Expect two more wins, and a good bowl game.

Then I expect a top ten class, with multiple players entering early. That would be a good finish to the year.

Go State. Beat...whatever the NJ state school is called.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:20 am

If they win their last 3 games (a very real possibility) I think they are a lock for one of the NYD6 bowl games.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:25 am

This will turn out to be a good season. We were built up to expect more and everyone wanted the team to accomplish the ultimate goal yet the ball bounces in funny ways and we seem to have a predilection toward 4th quarter offensive constipation when changing to the prevent offense. Here's hoping our staff can adjust their 4th quarter planning and our players can execute it flawlessly.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:37 am

Some possible good news:

Penn State is hopeful to add two injured giants back into fold.

The Nittany Lions were without starting left tackle Ryan Bates and defensive end Ryan Buchholz on Saturday in East Lansing. The former had his leg rolled up on and the latter was carted off at Ohio State. Neither Bates nor Buchholz was listed on this week’s depth chart, with Will Fries and Kevin Givens listed as starters at left tackle and defensive end, respectively.

But Franklin said at his Tuesday press conference that he’s hoping to have Buchholz back “sooner rather than later,” and offensive lineman Steven Gonzalez noted that Bates is “doing what he has to do to get back as fast as he can.”

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 am

Sounds like coach talk.

Hope our team is focused for the game as it easily could be taken lightly and Rutgers is improved this year although not to our level.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 am

Not that it matters much but here is SportsLine's take on the game: (they were dead on except last week - but were right on the money until the weather delay - just an FYI)

Saturday, Nov. 4

RUTGERS AT PENN STATE, NOON ET

SportsLine Projection Model’s score: Penn State 42, Rutgers 7

Vegas line: The Nittany Lions are favored by 31 points in Happy Valley (O/U 52.5)

Projected Statistics: Trace McSorley throws for 268 yards and 2.25 TDs and Saquon Barkley runs 18.6 times for 113 yards and 1.01 TDs for PSU. Giovanni Rescigno passes for 113 yards for Rutgers.

*** I can see Barkley getting an additional TD on a RPO. I think his all purpose yards are 200 plus. And Tommy getting a TD also.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Crowbar wrote:Trying to put two of the most gut wrenching losses aside. On consecutive weekends, to boot.

I'll keep it short and sweet. I think they'll come a bit flat and look bad in the first quarter. But I think they'll get it together and roll up a nice (and much needed) win.

Penn State 38, Rutgers 6.

Pretty close on the score as was Vegas on the spread.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Thanks!!! 8-)