Rutgers Pregame

Crowbar

Rutgers Pregame

Postby Crowbar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 am

Trying to put two of the most gut wrenching losses aside. On consecutive weekends, to boot.

I'll keep it short and sweet. I think they'll come a bit flat and look bad in the first quarter. But I think they'll get it together and roll up a nice (and much needed) win.

Penn State 38, Rutgers 6.

Blue&White

Re: Rutgers Pregame

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:53 am

I think a lot of frustrations come out and we beat the snot out of Rutgers.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:44 pm

I won't act like I know what the players are thinking and feeling because really, how would I know? But I would imagine they are frustrated and want to smack somebody around. Plus it's homecoming. I'd really like to see a nice 3 game stretch to close the season. Beating Nebraska would be nice, haven't done it since they joined the BIG. I'm going to the Maryland game. I live and am from Maryland and Terps fans are the worst. Growing up I always rooted for the Terps and I generally liked to see them do well in everything but man, their fans are such boors. I am certain that I will plenty of Ped State "jokes" the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I want a beatdown in that game.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:54 pm

We lost to two good teams on the road in tough games. I'm sure it's demoralizing but Rutgers is not a good team. They are perfect opponent to get your head back on straight. I really think we beat them if for no other reason that their talent just doesn't match up. sure, that may not matter on any given Saturday but I think we are just that much better than Rutgers that we pound on them for 60 minutes.

I'm with you on closing out the season with 3 strong wins. That would be nice. 10 - 2 is a good season, especially given where we thought we would be. I know we all hoped/expected more this year, but we are where we are.

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:55 pm

I worry about We Are, someone needs to get him his meds. After the last 2 weeks he'll need the happy pills to get him back to his optimistic self.

As for Rutgers, they are one of the last perennial beatdowns that didn't succeed in reversing the trend during our sanction years.
That won't change Saturday. Rutgers is still our b*tch.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hope we take our our frustrations on Rutgers, Nebraska and Maryland, particularly Maryland and their non hand shakers. 8-)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 pm

I hope when we play Maryland we are up by a big lead, it's late in the game, maybe 30 seconds to go, it's 4th down from the 40 ... and Franklin goes for it and we score a TD.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:07 pm

I saw this Pregame post...and I was like "I thought last week was it, I can't do this again...not another week!" and then I realized it was Rutgers. It's tough to lose 2 games by 4 points - 4 POINTS! however, some of the pressure (as a fan) is off. I know the team doesn't treat any game more highly than the next but as a fan those 2 hurt.
I was able to step back and look at what expectations I put on the team and honestly they were overly optimistic and ultimately unrealistic. I would have begged for a 10-2 season anytime when asked. Wanting more though selfish for me is a good thing for the team.
I don't see any hangover this week and I do see Rutgers taking the brunt of the frustration for the last 2 weeks. I honestly saw last week as the team having injuries and looking tired from the tOSU game. tOSU suffered from the same but a lot more prevalent. I think the physical toll has too much for either team. I think it also shows that even though we lost this week, we may be a better all-round team than tOSU.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 pm

52-3.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm

We Are...2 wrote:I saw this Pregame post...and I was like "I thought last week was it, I can't do this again...not another week!" and then I realized it was Rutgers. It's tough to lose 2 games by 4 points - 4 POINTS! however, some of the pressure (as a fan) is off. I know the team doesn't treat any game more highly than the next but as a fan those 2 hurt.
I was able to step back and look at what expectations I put on the team and honestly they were overly optimistic and ultimately unrealistic. I would have begged for a 10-2 season anytime when asked. Wanting more though selfish for me is a good thing for the team.
I don't see any hangover this week and I do see Rutgers taking the brunt of the frustration for the last 2 weeks. I honestly saw last week as the team having injuries and looking tired from the tOSU game. tOSU suffered from the same but a lot more prevalent. I think the physical toll has too much for either team. I think it also shows that even though we lost this week, we may be a better all-round team than tOSU.

Ok, I'm not sure I want to live in a world where We Are is not ridiculously optimistic and homerish.

Say it ain't so, We Are, say it ain't so.