Rutgers In-Game

pennstate92

Re: Rutgers In-Game

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:06 pm

What? You wanted me to drink Jim Beam?

LOL - I like Jack. It's actually an affliction from my stint in the Navy, so I can't, in good conscience, blame Cooper Hall. And Gentleman Jack is decent. All that to say: I am no aficionado when it comes to whiskey, so if you have suggestions, I'm all ears (Knob's Creek is very good, btw).
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:22 pm

Not a Knob Creek fan. My bourbon of choice is Elijah Craig. I highly recommend it. You may also like Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace. And, you can never go wrong with basic Makers Mark. Suggest if you go the Makers route you spend a little extra and get the 46.

My rule of thumb is stay away from the Tennessee stuff and stick with the Ketucky.

Btw, I'll take Jim Beam over Jack any day.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

That explains it: Folks who like Bean, hate Jack and vice versa. Interesting you're not a fan of Knob Creek, though.

I'm not a big fan of Maker's Mark, either.

I've yet to find anyone say anything bad about Woodford Reserve...never tried it...now I will. Never heard of Buffalo Trace. Will try that too - thanks for the advice.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 pm

We've come a long way since the Strohs 30 packs, Mike.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Blue&White wrote:We've come a long way since the Strohs 30 packs, Mike.

Ugh...Gawdawful rot gut. Liked Alex the dog, though. LOL. Fun memories...we'd have like 30 people stuffed into a 10x12 room. Think the 30 packs were like six bucks back in the day...if that. LOL.

One beer I liked that was sorta pond scum was Iron City. I haven't found it in the south. Kinda miss it.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 pm

More stories from my work trips to Tennessee in the 80s - town was near the JD Lynchburg distillery - none of the guys I worked with from the area drank JD - they all drank George Dickel (not a whiskey man so I don't know where that ranks). The county was actually a dry county back then so you could only purchase beer in bars. These guys would buy a pint or quart at liquor store and go into bar and just buy coke. And these guys would regularly put down a pint of whiskey and then some. A couple of the real good ol' boys made moonshine - never tried it myself

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't know if they still make Iron City. Haven't seen it in years. Haven't missed it, either. And, we easily got 30 people into those rooms. Didn't we take all the furniture out of one of them once to have a party? I vaguely remember that.

Lama - my understanding is that Lynchburg, TN is still a dry county.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 pm

pennstate92 wrote:
Blue&White wrote:We've come a long way since the Strohs 30 packs, Mike.

Ugh...Gawdawful rot gut. Liked Alex the dog, though. LOL. Fun memories...we'd have like 30 people stuffed into a 10x12 room. Think the 30 packs were like six bucks back in the day...if that. LOL.

But did you pour Bacardi 151 onto the floor in psychedelic designs and light it?

'Cause, um, we didn't.... :roll:

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 pm

I have been a huge fan of Hamm's lately!! Hamm's its whats for lunch!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Blue&White wrote:I don't know if they still make Iron City. Haven't seen it in years. Haven't missed it, either. And, we easily got 30 people into those rooms. Didn't we take all the furniture out of one of them once to have a party? I vaguely remember that.

Lama - my understanding is that Lynchburg, TN is still a dry county.

Do they still make Iron City? Is the bear catholic?......of course they still make Iron City in the 'burgh. Tastes just the same as it always did....like cheap swill. And I say that with all due respect.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.