Other College Football Games

Carl Spackler

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby Carl Spackler » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 am

That's great. I have an acquaintance who played for NMSU many years ago. I'm sure he is happy that his alma mater is finally headed to a bowl game. Good for them and him. :)
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:47 am

I've said it before but Jeff Brohm really should have been considered for BIG coach of the year. To take the train wreck that Purdue was the last few years and in one season get them to a bowl game and win it is pretty freaking impressive. Yeah they were 7-6 and had a few clunkers but they were competitive in just about every game. And it's not exactly like major talent is just dying to go to West Lafayette. If they learn how to win they will be a tough "out" as time goes on.

Shane

Postby Shane » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Agreed Shore Lion, thought he did a great job with the Boilermakers this year.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Gotta root for UM today so BiG goes undefeated in Bowls. I may even root for ND over LSU so that Alabama's best regular season win would be even poorer.

So tustling at the bowling alley between UM and USC is OK 'chippy'. No class. Then ESPN will complain about culture problems?

UM's offense continues to disappoint.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 pm

To be honest, I won't be sad if the B10 is 7-1 shortly.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:10 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:To be honest, I won't be sad if the B10 is 7-1 shortly.

Agreed. I can think of no possible reason why Michigan winning is a good thing.

Nittany Flier

Postby Nittany Flier » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:28 pm

Watching that Mich game, Muschamp just may be a bigger a$$ than Harbaugh.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Boy Michigan gave that game back. Minimally UM is supposed to have a low risk offense.

It is hard to believe how bad the UM offense is and for being QB University they are definitely lacking. How did they manage to flip that FG kicker from PSU? Maybe Harbaugh told him he wouldn't start at PSU this year. I can't imagine Michigan fans are thrilled about Harbaugh.

Looks like Auburn and LSU will Lose. Remind me who Alabama beat to get the number 4 spot. Man I hope Clemson wins and then gets beat by whoever.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Auburn losing to UCF is a prime reason why the NCAA needs to head to 8 teams in a playoff. Let the 5 conference winners get in and then let 3 more teams get in. I know PSU would have gotten shafted this year because the NCAA hates us. We should be the highest ranked 2 loss team in the nation. I am fine that we are behind OSU since they beat us. But Auburn with 3 losses and USC are ahead of us in the rankings is silly. Someone call Condi!

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:04 pm

I like CFB, but I can't get even a little excited about the BCS playoff games. I have less than zero rooting interest in any of the teams.
Fire Alex Cora. (On hold pending further review)