Other College Football Games

Jerry Garcia

Other College Football Games

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:01 pm

Another thread that's mysteriously disappeared? Whatever...

It's interesting (and it sucks) how both OSU and MSU put up monumental winning efforts against us, then laid HUGE eggs the week afterwards. It sucks to wear a target on one's back, I suppose.

Wisky wins easily at home against Iowa. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them get screwed out of a playoff position, even if undefeated. Why? I think the new emphasis on non-con scheduling is a really good thing and besides, it's OK with me if a Badger win over OSU in the BiG title game is brushed off as insignificant. The only bad thing about UW not making is that it means ND won out (most likely).

Blue&White

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby Blue&White » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 pm

Damn. Sorry. It's not easy on my phone to tell when I should delete the whole thread or just the one post. I'll try to do a better job and be more careful. I seem to be making these mistakes when we get a lot of spam all at once and I'm taking out multiple threads and posts. I'll make it a point to be more diligent when I'm deleting.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Go Canes!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:34 pm

The greed of the B1? is a problem with OOC scheduling - now that they have gone to a 9 game conference schedule - and given every Power 5 team's desire for at least 7 home games a year you can expect 2 dogemmert games on the schedule every year. This give PSU exactly 1 game to schedule home - away agreements that any decent program would require. And for the next two years that "decent" program is Pitt.

If the B1? had left the 8 in conference games in play teams could get 4 IC home games, 2 dogemmert home games and could alternate home - away series with 2 credible OOC teams. But we al know what the B1? priority is .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 pm

My prayers are being answered. A beatdown of the Irish will take care of any playoff possibility.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Alabama is playing Mercer. Sigh. I get the big programs schedule teams that don't stand a chance against them. Penn State is obviously no different. But Mercer??? Really?

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:06 pm

Auburn is playing a sacrificial lamb as well, and both games a close right now. I expect the mismatches to show as the games wear on, but I would love to see all those top teams, including Wisky and Miami, lose today.