Other College Football Games

Blue&White

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 am

Vaguely. Given the small number of kids who left, it barely registers in my memory.

Oh, and Silas Redd is still dead to me.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:27 am

Who's Silas Redd?

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Jerry Garcia wrote:
sameoldlama wrote:And someone please remind me why players have to sit out a year if they want to go somewhere else.

Oh no, not in all cases. I seem to remember an incident, oh...2011-2012?, in which the NCAA was involved in a criminal case in which it allowed, and even encouraged, players to immediately transfer out from that particular university. Anyone else recall that?

:evil: :roll:

Must have been an inconsequential FCS school, right? They would not have set precedent at a major FBS school when major money is involved. That would be too stupid even for the ncaaaaaaaa. :o

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Crowbar wrote:Who's Silas Redd?

He whose name I will never utter. Along with the convicted pedophile.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Watching the OSU/Wisky B10 title game, I don't believe there has ever been a time when I've been a bigger Wisconsin fan than right now. Jeeezuz how I hope they destroy bucky.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Wisconsin's "best in the nation" defense is being exposed here. They can't tackle anyone wearing a white jersey...shows how stats like defensive totals lie when you don't play anyone for twelve whole games. Call me disgusted.

Edit - I just took a closer look at UW's schedule. Their toughest road opponent was (drum roll...) Indiana! And they played none of the decent East teams except Michigan, and that's a stretch to call those clowns decent. If OSU somehow chokes this game the Badgers will get slaughtered in January.

ShoreLion

Postby ShoreLion » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 pm

No way Wisconsin is going to win this game. Like everyone said, they played absolutely nobody this year. They're a very solid team, but OSU has vastly superior talent. Which means that OSU is probably going to the playoff. I just can't see the committee picking an idle Alabama over the BIG champ. Not with Bama's schedule this year and the fact that they just lost last week. There's nobody else to put in there. The OSU loss to Iowa is awful but I still think they are a wee bit better on resume than Alabama. I hope OSU gets absolutely blasted in the playoff though.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Following up on my other post, I guess if OSU got treated like PSU last year they could get left out. 2 loss team, bad blowout loss, conference champ and get left out. I think the difference is if that happened this year the BIG would be left out completely. Not sure that would be acceptable to the folks who run the sport.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:01 pm

I cannot yell loud enough that says how much I hate OSU!!! The NCAA the big heads loves OSU which is a bunch of shit!! There is no way OSU should get into the playoff!! PSU lost to OSU on the last drive and then lost to MSU on the last play of the game! OSU got killed by Oklahoma at home and crushed by Iowa! My blood is boiling at this point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:03 pm

BTW, I have been saying this for years, go to 8 teams. You have the 5 championship winner and then pick 3 more. It makes complete sense