Other College Football Games

Blue&White

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 am

PSUgrower wrote:BTW, I have been saying this for years, go to 8 teams. You have the 5 championship winner and then pick 3 more. It makes complete sense

Everyone has been saying that for years. And, if it ever happens you're going to have all kinds of arguments about how do you rank teams 7 and 8 higher than 9 and 10.These types of debates won't end because you expand the number. Just look at the NCAA tournament. 64 teams and there are still arguments. I doubt the 4 team format changes any time soon. The traditional bowls still make a lot of money and an on-going tournament is less likely to generate the same amount of revenue. You would end up pulling a bunch of teams out of lucrative New Year's Day bowls, and I can't see that happening. And, its really all about the Benjamins.

Anyway, now I am just hoping that Alabama, who didn't even get to play in their conference championship game, gets the nod over OSU so OSU fans can complain about getting screwed out of a playoff spot. That would bring me endless hours of joy. Schadenfreude rocks.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:19 pm

I should say that I want tOSU to get in so we can get a better bowl because that makes sense. I want to, but I can’t...

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:46 pm

OSU..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suck it, bucknuts.

Shane

Postby Shane » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Hahahahaha

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Karma is a bitch!

Even without the head to head aspect that meant nothing in last years committee, they confirmed that conference championship means nothing. Prepare to see more Mercer like teams getting tv time in the future.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Well I was wrong. Shocker. PSU will kinda get screwed in the bowl game now but other than that, hahahahahahaha. Efff the BIG. They never did PSU any favors.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:20 pm

too funny. I went over to a few Ohio boards for dessert. Those boys are crazy.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 pm

And the best team AL played was...drum roll, a 3 loss Auburn team ranked?

Yes the SEC ESPN network got its 2 teams in.

DARN Wisconsin!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:49 pm

I look at it this way: OSU was soundly beaten twice, including a serious beatdown at Iowa where they gave up 55 points. Yeah, Alabama didn't really play anybody but they were competitive against Auburn and that's their only loss. And if you look at head to head can anyone imagine OSU being a favorite over Bama on a neutral field?

Now I'm bummed out again because if PSU is just a bit aggressive when they had first and goal against OSU and scored a TD they win the East. The MSU game meant nothing. That game last night was a shit show. I really believe PSU would have beaten Wisconsin. Hell Wisconsin would have beaten OSU if they had a quarterback. That was horrid QB play on both sides. Dammit.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Right! If we had seen that Saquon pass against either OSU or MState,we could be in the running today. But a one step lower bowl bid for all gives a better chance to win them. At least, that’s what I’m going with...