Other College Football Games

Blue&White

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:23 am

I think the National Championship should be a two team race. Let's go back to polls and totally subjective view points. I also think we should eliminate all use of instant replay from sports as it is a huge waste of time. Why does it matter if the call is exactly right? And, it's not like instant replay doesn't constantly screw up the call anyway. Finally, any pitcher who throws inside and hits a batter should be banned from the game, right then and there. That is just the worst kind of baseball.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:37 am

So we ended up 8th in the AP poll. I think that's a slot or two light - thinking we could beat UCF and have a slightly better than even chance at Wisky. The post-game talking heads last night had one thing right - Georgia has no reason to cry this year looking at their '18 and prospective '19 recruiting classes. Wouldn't surprise me if next year's championship game is a rematch.

Also see that we have the 6th-best odds (@ 11:1) of winning it all next year. I'm shocked, frankly, looking at our graduations on defense, especially LB and DT. Up the middle is not where you want to be shaky on D, IMO. Not to mention no more Saquon, Ham, and Gesicki. I would think '19 is our target year, especially if Stevens hangs around.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Blue&White wrote:I think the National Championship should be a two team race. Let's go back to polls and totally subjective view points. I also think we should eliminate all use of instant replay from sports as it is a huge waste of time. Why does it matter if the call is exactly right? And, it's not like instant replay doesn't constantly screw up the call anyway. Finally, any pitcher who throws inside and hits a batter should be banned from the game, right then and there. That is just the worst kind of baseball.

And while we're at it, let's bring back dial up internet connection. I miss the waiting and the screeching sound.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Jerry Garcia wrote:So we ended up 8th in the AP poll. I think that's a slot or two light - thinking we could beat UCF and have a slightly better than even chance at Wisky. The post-game talking heads last night had one thing right - Georgia has no reason to cry this year looking at their '18 and prospective '19 recruiting classes. Wouldn't surprise me if next year's championship game is a rematch.

Also see that we have the 6th-best odds (@ 11:1) of winning it all next year. I'm shocked, frankly, looking at our graduations on defense, especially LB and DT. Up the middle is not where you want to be shaky on D, IMO. Not to mention no more Saquon, Ham, and Gesicki. I would think '19 is our target year, especially if Stevens hangs around.

Hate to agree, but I must. Both 'Bama and the Dawgs have the stables loaded with prime talent so a rematch for the NC title is realistic. I was blown away by the skill set and the composure of backup QB Tua Tagovailoa who, if he does nothing else the rest of his life, will forever go down in Tide folklore as the untested freshman who came off the bench and led his team to a NC. Jalen Hurts could have a difficult time keeping his starting job next season. Then there was Najee Davis, another Tide freshman who came off the bench and did his best Mark Ingram impersonation to ignite the running attack. Georgia is loaded, too, and Josh Fromm will be looking over his shoulder if Justin Fields develops into the QB he's projected to be. All in all, an enjoyable and entertaining game last night. Sorry if anyone missed it.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 pm

Broadcasting legend Keith Jackson passed away at aged 89.

Whoa Nelly!
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Shane

Postby Shane » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:39 pm

I’ll aleays remember his call of Blackledge to Garrity against UGA in the national title game. His voice was college football when I was growing up.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Shane wrote:I’ll aleays remember his call of Blackledge to Garrity against UGA in the national title game. His voice was college football when I was growing up.

No doubt, it was. I enjoyed his singularly unique pronunciations and loved how he would say OOOOO-JAYYYYYY McDuffie. How I miss that era of.college football. Goddam.....I hate getting old.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:30 am

Goddam.....I hate getting old.

Beats the alternative.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 am

Bryce Love reportedly returning for his senior season at Stanford. There goes Trace's Heisman shot....

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:27 am

Even worse, he is now unlikely to be the first QB taken in the 2019 draft.