Other College Football Games

Nat@PSU

Re: Other College Football Games

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:09 am

Notre Dame vs Michigan tonight. First time in a while I'll be rooting hard for Michigan. I genuinely loathe Notre Dame.

A colleague of mine is an ND fan. Before you ask, of course he didn't go to ND. He's just Irish and Catholic. He was running his mouth this week about how Penn State has a 5 game schedule and the rest is a joke. Then he said every year ND has 5 games on their schedule with teams who could win a National Championship. And then he added that ND should just lower their standards and then they'd be in the hunt every year. :roll: :roll: Of course he asked what channel Penn State plays on.

I asked him where he thought ND would finish in the B1G East. He had no answer.

Man, it's really hard not to hate that school and their "fan-base". I hope Michigan waxes them.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Not sure ND owns exclusivity in the obnoxious fan category. Ole buddy Woje attended the Penn State at Michigan game in '05 and couldn't recall ever receiving worse treatment from opposing fans...ever. By contrast, he attended the '06 game at ND and said the ND fans he encountered were well-behaved and friendly. I, on the other hand, was compelled to apologize to several ND fans while tail-gating at the '07 game because of obnoxious behaved displayed by drunken PSU fans. I'm guessing those ND fans went home and told tales of terrible treatment of obnoxious PSU fans. Let's face it.....a-holes wearing blue and white buy tickets, too. That said, I can not in good conscience root for a Michigan win under any circumstances. I would rather eat a dried dog-turd sandwich first.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Michigan getting it handed to them. The one time I want them to win . . . Need a Notre Dame loss early so we don't have to keep hearing about their playoff chances. Thanks for nothing Sharkface.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Just turned on Cincy- UCLA. game was 19-17 Cincy late in the 4th quarter. Cincy had an easy FG on the 15 yard line. Instead of going for the field goal they decided to go for it on 4th down twice!!! The 2nd 4th down from the 2 resulted in a TD. I love the call and love seeing Chip poop his pants. I think he will be good in 3-4 years because he will get players but I want to see him squirm a bit. He is a egotistical chump who needs to be put in his place. I know for a fact many people in the Eagle's organization did not like him at all. He was not very nice to the little people in the organization.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:32 pm

BTW, I loved seeing Maryland take a penalty for delay of game for their fallen player McNair (BTW, Texas declined the penalty). It reminds us that these are human being. I need to be reminded of that at times as I yell at the screen!

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Terrible day for the BIG. Windless Temple thumped Maryland, Rutgers got crushed by Kansas, Nebraska lost to Troy and BYU upset Wisconsin. Auburn goes down as well.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 pm

That Tiger vs. Tiger game was a good one to watch. Also, Vanderbilt hung tough against ND. I hope that game puts to bed that ND deserves top 10 consideration. Hell, at this point they don't deserve top 20 as far as I'm concerned.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Questions.

Is Syracuse vastly improved?

Or has Florida State fallen that far off the map?
41-33.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Shore Lion wrote:Terrible day for the BIG. Windless Temple thumped Maryland, Rutgers got crushed by Kansas, Nebraska lost to Troy and BYU upset Wisconsin.

I ain't losing sleep over this.
41-33.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Florida State's pretty bad. Jimbo left when the gettin' was good.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.