Penn State Hoops.

Carl Spackler

Re: Penn State Hoops.

Postby Carl Spackler » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:13 pm

I understand they played much better yesterday although it was Iowa but they blew them out at the BJC. They seem to be playing better recently. I know we have a short bench but that is reality. We need to develop some players to be able to fill in successfully and continue to recruit at a higher level. Finally breaking into the Philly market with recruiting is great but if we squander that talent others will be more reluctant to commit to PSU down the road. We need to get on a run as a team. Hope Coach Chambers can pull them together and keep them trending upward. Beating OSU in Columbus was a great boost to the program yet that kind of win if not used to lift the team is an aberration, not a turning point.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Must be painfully to MD fans to have PSU beat them.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:47 am

PSU currently sitting at 8-6 in B1? and 18-9 overall. They have a tough finish with OSU, Purdue, UM, Nebraska.

I think if they can grab 2 more wins in regular season and 2 in B1? tourney they could go to the dance. The weak OOC is going to be an anchor.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:08 am

Right now, not even being talked about being on the bubble. Probably going to have to win 2 of those final 4 games, and that won't be an easy task. They're probably the four best teams in the conference. I assumed if they went .500 in conference, that would be good enough, but think you're right about the non conference schedule killing the overall resume.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am

They really do seem to be getting better though. Bummer they coughed up a few fur balls early on in the OOC schedule but that's the reality. I agree that in the scenario you guys painted they have a shot to get to the dance but probably only if there aren't some upsets in conference tournaments in some of the mid-majors which could still a spot or two from a bubble team like PSU. I have seen them listed as a bubble teams in some places.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm

They're going to have to overcome losing to Minnesota and Rider.

That's going to be tough to do.

I'd say nothing short of 3-1 and 2 wins in the BiG tourney gets them in. They are getting hot at the right time, tho.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:28 am

pennstate92 wrote:They're going to have to overcome losing to Minnesota and Rider.

And Wisconsin. Minnesota and Wisconsin are two of the worst teams in the conference, and I think they lost to both of them at home.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

You can't spell Nittany Lions without N-I-T.

Sorry...bad attempt at humor.

Oh, well, what are you going to do? When is the Blue White game again?
41-33.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 pm

and you can't spell buckeyes without BS, start to finish, alpha and omega-esq exposure of THEM. :P :P :P
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:40 pm

The hoops team starts running the gauntlet (3 ranked teams in a row) starts tonight against OSU. 8pm on the B1? Network.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall