Penn State Hoops.

Crowbar

Re: Penn State Hoops.

Postby Crowbar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:38 am

How bout them Big Apples! Ok, bad joke as I was referring to a return trip to NYC for the NIT final 4 after they held off Marquette last night!
41-33.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:16 am

I got a little concerned as our lead started to shrink in the 4th quarter, but they did hold Marquette off. It is nice to still be playing, even if it isn't the big dance...

Was the officiating off or a little slanted? I'm not sure how the game was called because I was watching on my tablet with the sound down since my wife had something else on the TV. I saw a lot of stoppages for traveling or less than obvious fouls on our side. But, I am also biased...

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 am

Without Watkins I never thought they would still be playing. Now, I honestly think they have a decent shot to win the thing.

psudelco

Postby psudelco » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Reffing was suspect, not biased just a lot of ticky tack fouls that otherwise seem to be let go. Glad to see they won now the face Miss St maybe we can have JoMo and Franklin do some smack talking

Shane

Postby Shane » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Putting this here because I don’t want to start a new thread, but DOWN GO THE DUKIES!!!!!! One of the best days of the sports year. Amazing how the “greatest coach in the history of mankind” couldn’t get his team to give the ball to the best player on the court.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:36 pm

If you're a PSU student, $10.00 will get you a bus trip and ticket to the NIT semifinal tomorrow night.

Go State! Beat the Bulldogs!
41-33.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:38 pm

I absolutely love Coach Jay Wright of Nova. The dude is classy and knows how to wear a suit. He doesn't recruit 5 star kids. He recruits kids that fit into his style of play. BTW, that Nova/WVU game in Friday night took me back to the old Big East games. That was one of the best games I have seen in a few years!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Shane wrote:Putting this here because I don’t want to start a new thread, but DOWN GO THE DUKIES!!!!!! One of the best days of the sports year. Amazing how the “greatest coach in the history of mankind” couldn’t get his team to give the ball to the best player on the court.

I didn't get Duke's last possession in regulation either - they made their runs doing pick and roll, penetration and drop off or kicking out when D rotated. Having Allen go one on one was like you ran out of ideas.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 am

PSU Hoops now playing for the NIT championship. Watched a decent amount of the game last night and it may have been the best game they played all year. Only problem is that it's rare to follow up a performance like that with another really good one. I guess we'll see how it goes, but if you're going to the NIT, you might as well win it.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am

At least they got a shot at the title. If they win they will finish 26-13, a record no one though possible late in the season with the conference ending skid. They should have been picked to play in the NCAA tournament given all the inferior teams entered but that's water under the bridge now. Hope they can put one more W on the board to complete a good season overall. Injuries sure were inopportune this season.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt