Nebraska In Game

PSUgrower

Re: Nebraska In Game

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:54 pm

Looking ahead to next year: I don't think there will be a huge drop off at running back. I will assume Trace stays. We won't have Gesicki but I am confident in the next guy up. The WR will be silly next year. The oline should get better. I am mixed on the defense. They lose a few guys but were they really that good this year?

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm

All depends on the OL/DL development. DT will be a problem unless the young crew of 3&4-stars comes around quickly...an unsung guy we will miss is Tyrell Chavis - he plays like the prototypical SEC nose tackle, hard to move and can bull rush better than most. Secondary should continue to be good. LB? I'm concerned there - Cabinda will leave a huge hole and Bowen, while talented, is apparently a knucklehead. Offensive skill positions should be on target by the end of the non-con schedule (I hope). OL is a mystery wrapped in an enigma--> could be lights out, could be mediocre.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:04 pm

You keep saying that. There is ZERO chance Trace goes early. Guys leave early if they are first or maybe second round picks. He might be a late round pick after his senior season. Maybe.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:04 pm

We are going to miss Barkley and Gesecki so much. And when he goes, we will miss Trace a ton too. The dude just flat out makes plays.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Gonna be so happy when we get a kicker that doesn't kick the ball out of bounds every chance he gets.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 pm

My man Tyrell!

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Our special teams tonight has been anything but.

That said, it's a long stinkin season. The kids have played well all year and are 4 points from and undefeated season and a trip to the B1G Title game and maybe a playoff spot. Hard to sustain and incredibly high level off play ALL season.

That is the next jump and well, we just aren't there yet. We are ahead of schedule at skill positions and waiting on the lines to develop/season and it just didn't match up perfectly.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:19 pm

I don't think there will be much of a drop off from Saquon to Sanders. Saquon would crush it in another offense and will at the next level, but I don't think there will be much of a drop in in the RPO offense. You have to have speed which Sanders has.

Nice TD!

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 pm

I'll tell ya, Tommy Stevens can play too. We have some serious talent on this team. Leaves me excited for next year.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:21 pm

pretty sure Saquon has speed too.

I think they'll need to make some tweaks to the RPO so that the defense isn't in the backfield on every play. But I'll worry about next year, next year.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.