Maryland Pre-Game Thread

Shore Lion

Maryland Pre-Game Thread

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 am

Anybody else going to the game? I think PSU will get the Terp's best shot but they are really limited with all the injuries they've had. I expect just as many PSU fans as for the home team. Maryland hates PSU. I mean seriously, they've hated PSU for decades. I fully anticipate hearing lots of cracks about Joe, the scandal etc. So even though it's my home state I hope PSU lays a beating on the Terps. D.J. Moore is a really good player but outside of that there isn't much to scare you. This might be the week the pass rush actually gets to a quarterback.

I think to understand how little Terrapin football is valued you only have to look at the Baltimore Sun (who at least has an article or two a week) and the Washington Post who goes weeks at a time between articles.

Blue&White

Re: Maryland Pre-Game Thread

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:59 am

Not going but hope we kick the snot out of them. I still remember when they were too good to even shake hands. I hope we embarrass them. I'll hold a grudge with Maryland as long as that coaching staff is in place.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:02 pm

A 10 win season and NY6 bowl birth won't be denied.

Penn State 45, Maryland 19.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Blue&White wrote:Not going but hope we kick the snot out of them. I still remember when they were too good to even shake hands. I hope we embarrass them. I'll hold a grudge with Maryland as long as that coaching staff is in place.

To be fair to Durkin, that was the Randy Edsall coaching staff, not the current one.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Oh.

Turns out I don't care. Screw Maryland. :twisted:

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:40 pm

I went to the game a few years ago at Ravens stadium. Expect to hear lots of chatter about Joe Paterno and "Pedo" State. Maybe things have died down since that game, but there was definitely a lot of vitriol that day. You're also correct, the fan base just loathes Penn State and would mean the world to them to beat us this weekend.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Before the two crushing losses, my wife considered grabbing some tickets to the game because we will be at her folks on the eastern shore of MD for Thanksgiving. She didn't because the cost was more than we wanted to pay, and we usually drive home Saturday to beat traffic and then decorate for Christmas on Sunday. (Am I the only whipped husband out there? I can't be...)

We found out yesterday that we are expected to stay Saturday night because of some benefit auction for her parents friend. Did I mention we are taking our granddaughter, daughter in law and her sister with us? Well, we are (see the parenthesis above...) and my mother in law really wants to show her great granddaughter off to everyone at this auction. Wild horses will not drag me to that event, not with the last week of regular season college football on, that's for sure. I can't even decide now to go to the game because my son's work schedule comes out Wednesday for the next two weeks and I may have to make sure he is home for work...

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:31 pm

I was waiting for LioninVa to tell us he just bought a Family Truckster.

Aside from a W, hope to see the D generate some TOs and hope to see Barkley get enough yards so the realistic possibility of him being the all time PSU rush leader is there for bowl game (no offense to Evan Royster).

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Not sure who will have more pain inflicted on them this weekend, the Terps or LioninVA. The way I see it, it's the Terps. Poor LiV has had more than his share...

PSU 49, Twerps 3

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:29 pm

sameoldlama wrote:I was waiting for LioninVa to tell us he just bought a Family Truckster.

Funny! Thankfully, we have a Mazda CX7 (that seats 5) and a Chevy Colorado (claims to seat 4, but 2 have to be quite petite to sit in the back) but there are 7 of us heading north Wednesday. Since my wife is only 5' tall, she is afraid to drive my manual truck and she is uncomfortable turning the Mazda over to the 18 year old with a grand baby in the back seat. So, I get the truck, the 18yo and the dog which is probably the better deal!

All in all, going up there isn't bad; food and drinks are pretty much covered and all I have to do is light yard work or take out some trash.