Site Admin

Moorehead to Mississippi State

Postby msteinruck » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 pm

Just reported tonight.

pennstate92

Re: Moorehead to Mississippi State

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:14 pm

Way to break the story.

Kind of a bummer, but I'm pretty confident that CJF has someone in mind as the next man up.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:36 pm

Reading that Ricky Rhane and the current coach of Fordham are contenders. Mike Yurcich the coordinator at Oklahoma State could be a possibility too. He's from Hershey and did wonders at Shippensburg before putting up big numbers in Stillwater.

Nat@PSU

Postby Nat@PSU » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 am

Man, this is a real bummer. I think we take a HUGE step back. He was the primary reason for our offensive success the past two years.

Lots of people think we will keep rolling. We lose Barkley, Gesecki, Hamilton, and now Moorehead from this offense. How that doesn't create a MASSIVE step backwards, well, I just don't see it.
- Nat

Let's Go State!!

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:40 am

Congratulations to him on the promotion. He'll be sorely missed here though.

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 am

We all knew this was coming sooner rather than later, but I was still hoping for later.

Best of luck, Coach!

I still think the best sign on College Gameday was ‘the secret to a lasting marriage is Moorehead!’

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 am

Happy for Morehead. He deserves the opportunity. Hope he wins the SEC every year. I have a new (and only) favorite SEC team.

Nat - you are officially the board emotional anchor. Enjoy the moment. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:03 am

Ditto everyone's congrats to Joe. He did an incredible job in his two brief years.

Nat, I think the personnel loss due to graduation will hurt lots more than the loss of JM. And that should be somewhat temporary, looking at Franklin's recruiting trend. As to JM, at really good programs good coaches come and go all the time with minimal overall effect and I see PSU as no exception.

Shane

Postby Shane » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:36 am

Here's the good news. A lot of people were worried that he would take Tommy Stevens with him if he left this year because Tommy can grad transfer and not have to sit out a year (he will graduate early this year). Miss State has a QB coming back that is entrenched as the starter and most now believe that Stevens will not follow Moorehead to Mississippi State.

We Are...2

Postby We Are...2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:36 am

Has anyone seen whether or not he will be coaching in the bowl game?

Special Report***
Jay Paterno slated to call bowl game...

Sorry - just had too...I suppose it will be Rahne if Moorehead decides to walk before the bowl.
What the H... was that? Oh, Barkley!