2018 Recruitng Thread

Shore Lion

Re: 2018 Recruitng Thread

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:14 pm

Blue&White wrote:Hard to believe heading into 2016 there was even a debate if Franklin would survive long term at PSU. And here we are all upset with a 2 loss season.

Man, are we spoiled. I kind of like it.

You're right of course but the debate was only on internet message boards and idiot sports call-in shows. With the people that actually matter, Franklin was in ZERO danger of not surviving last season. People who truly understand what the sanctions did knew it would be an uphill struggle. To get this team where it is this quickly has been a minor miracle and you have to give Franklin all the credit in the world for it.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:16 pm

A little unrelated to recruiting, but I can't believe Enis has a kid old enough to be recruited. Didn't he just leave PSU? I mean, wasn't is just last year that Joe sat him for the bowl because he took a suit from an agent? If it wasn't last year, it had to be the year before.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Blue&White wrote:A little unrelated to recruiting, but I can't believe Enis has a kid old enough to be recruited. Didn't he just leave PSU? I mean, wasn't is just last year that Joe sat him for the bowl because he took a suit from an agent? If it wasn't last year, it had to be the year before.

Showin' yer age, old man...
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 pm

FWIW, the PSU commits are destroying the All American camps. Parsons is said to be easily the best defender at the Army game (and the best player overall), making the five star o-lineman look over-matched. Ricky Slade is the best offensive player at the UA game and is making running look effortless. And Justin Shorter is said to be a man among boys, with a body that is ready to play int he B1G right now. Every one of them is already listed as a top player in the country and yet each is expected to rise in the rankings once these games are over.

We should all be so freaking excited for PSU football over the next few years :)

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:03 pm

We should all be so freaking excited for PSU football over the next few years :)

This is why I'm not that upset Barkley is moving on. The future continue to be bright. This is a great time to be a PSU fan, bet it's been in a very long time.

WE ARE!

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:54 pm

I'll still miss Barkley.

But, yeah, CJF has it goin' on.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Tyreke Smith to tOSU. Bummer but not unexpected. They won him late. Oweh later today. Here is hoping!

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:30 pm

Oweh to PSU! 4* DE. Only played football for two years. He flew up the charts this year. PSU got a good one

Shane

Postby Shane » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Good get. Lost Tyreke Smith to OSU and Oweh helps with that loss. Smith may play earlier, but Oweh may be better in the end.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:45 am

Potentially interesting development. Isheem Young may be cleared in that Wawa robbery. A friend of his owned up to the crime along with Isheem’s brother.

Let’s entertain for a second that this is true - should PSU honor his previous commitment? I would say yes but I feel that JF and co. are in a tough spot. The lynch mob is always looking to jump on the Lions and this could be used for that (never mind that the whole staff has changed over). But on the other hand, it feels wrong to punish a kid because of the actions of his peers and because of the irrationality of the death-to-PSU mob.

With the 2018 class all but closed, this will be interesting to follow.