2018 Recruitng Thread

Shane

2018 Recruitng Thread

Postby Shane » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Nothing new to report, but starting a thread so that any additions can be shown here. It's probably going to be a quiet few months given that only 2 or 3 spots are still available.

Underlion

Re: 2018 Recruitng Thread

Postby Underlion » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Micah Parson tweeted his opinion on the OSU QB situation while at OSU this weekend. Hmm, can we make something of that snippet from the Patriot?

I'm not clear on what he tweeted but he doesn't seem Barkley-esque?

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootba ... micah.html

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:06 pm

I'd be shocked if he ended up at PSU. He's in love tOSU (and himself). We need to close either him or Jayson Oweh. Losing both to the bucks would be very frustrating

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Eh, I remember losing a top PA QB (TP) to the Bucknuts, he didn't turn out to be the next coming and he was an individual not a team builder. 5 star recruits with team building skills are as rare as girls with personality AND looks. Predicting a good end/linebacker is easier than QB so he will probably be a success but if he is so arrogant as to give opinions on who the QB should be as a recruit somebody will have their hands full. I guess once they sign you do an attitude adjustment ;)

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Dorian Hardy, 4* DE from Paramus Catholic no longer a commit.

Don't know if he decommitted or if we pulled his scholarship. He was suspended for fighting in school and apparently got into a fight with a coach. Obviously, both sides have different stories.

He is now transferring high schools. His dad is pissed.

Not sure what to make of any of this. From purely a football perspective, a meaningful loss. He is a very good player. We are in the mix for some other top DEs this cycle (Parsons, Oweh, Smith) so hopefully we can close on one or two of them.

Hope we did right by him. Paramus Catholic is a big-time feeder school. Would like to think we did the right thing rather than siding with a coach we know can help us down the line.

PennState03Chris

Postby PennState03Chris » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Sounds like the PSU coaches pulled his 'ship. Hardy would be an idiot to decommit at this stage, since 1) he's not a desirable prospect right now because of this fight and 2) his senior film, YTD, was less than impressive.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 am

PennLive reports that Micah Parsons will announce his college choice on December 20th. PL also reports that 247SportsCrystalBall has Parsons "heavily leaning" towards Penn State despite decommiting from PSU last April. Would be quite the surprise since athlete rarely recommit to the same school.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:39 pm

PittGradPSUMad wrote:PennLive reports that Micah Parsons will announce his college choice on December 20th. PL also reports that 247SportsCrystalBall has Parsons "heavily leaning" towards Penn State despite decommiting from PSU last April. Would be quite the surprise since athlete rarely recommit to the same school.

The only other realistic destination is the Buckeyes, but he burned that bridge w/ his comment regarding JT Barrett. I think he comes to Penn State - hopefully under this staff's direction he becomes the type of force that can make a timely big play in a game like the one we just lost.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 pm

One of our top commits, Isheem Young, has been taken in custody for a yet to be announced crime. This comes a few months after Dorian Hardy had hill schollie pulled for disciplinary issues.

Sigh. I'm nervous about the end of this cycle given this and the coaching changes...

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:43 am

Isheem Young was charged with robbing a Wawa in South Philly. Pretty serious stuff, obviously. I'd link the article but don't know how to do it using my iPhone.