2017 Team Thread

pennstate92

Re: 2017 Team Thread

Postby pennstate92 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm thinking he goes #2. Whether or not that's the Giants is a different debate...but if Gettleman's serious about drafting best player available, then there's a legit shot he winds up with the Giants. That said, Gettlemen has a track record of moving pieces (up and down) at the draft.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Every mock draft board I've seen has the Giants taking an OT with that pick, which I think makes a lot of sense. Btw, I was looking online when eating lunch and cbssportsline has Barkley to the Colts.

Colts are fine. 49ers are fine. Giants are awesome. Please no Browns.
#Emmertknew

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:15 pm

Blue&White wrote:Every mock draft board I've seen has the Giants taking an OT with that pick, which I think makes a lot of sense. Btw, I was looking online when eating lunch and cbssportsline has Barkley to the Colts.

Colts are fine. 49ers are fine. Giants are awesome. Please no Browns.

Agreed, no browns, no way. I'd cry, so would he.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I spoke with a Cleveland Browns fan at Costco the other day. He was wearing his Browns colors with pardonable pride and said he looks forward to seeing Saquon Barkley play for Cleveland next season.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Not sure which thread to put this in, but Josh Gattis (WR coach) just accepted a position with Alabama as Co Offensive Coordinator. This one is a loss as he may have been the best assistant coach at PSU. The WR"s have played really well since he came on board and was a big time recruiter as well. Guess we will see what Franklin can do to bring in a name to cover this one.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:14 pm

He had been w/ Franklin since Vanderbilt days so he was picked up as an up and coming pup and developed into pit bull recruiter. Maybe that explains the Bowen hire recently? In any event we now live in a different world from the Joe days when an asst. moving on was a major development worthy of an FBI investigation (considering recent events that may be overblown) and anguish across the Nittany Nation.

Now, its a part of doing business as we joined the rest of college football in the coaching mentality and activity. You move on to move up most places. At times you move up, Rhane, etc. but more often you move on as a gypsy of asst. coaches trying to find the right job and move to put you in position to move up the ladder to a HC job and the big $$$, see James Franklin's resume. Frankly, if you don't aspire to that role why are you in the business unless you want a comfortable job as an asst. like PSU had for decades. Not as highly paid likely by safe. Aspiring young men want more generally.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:21 am

Shane wrote:Not sure which thread to put this in, but Josh Gattis (WR coach) just accepted a position with Alabama as Co Offensive Coordinator. This one is a loss as he may have been the best assistant coach at PSU. The WR"s have played really well since he came on board and was a big time recruiter as well. Guess we will see what Franklin can do to bring in a name to cover this one.

Enjoy Gattis! I heard being a coach under Saban is miserable. It will be different than coaching in Happy Valley

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:03 am

Ironically, none of the Gattis stuff has come down off the PSU boards, last I checked. Not saying it's not gonna happen, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

<insert Roseanne joke here>
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Per Sean Fitz, (PSU 247 Insider), he absolutely is going to Alabama.