2017 Team Thread

Carl Spackler

Re: 2017 Team Thread

Postby Carl Spackler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Blue&White wrote:
pennstate92 wrote:It's your fault Trump won.

That's what my wife tells me. If I had voted for Hillary instead of 3rd party, 20,000 other people in PA would have done the same and that would tip the scales in other states and Trump wouldn't now be President. I think there is a hole, maybe 2, in her theory, but 20 years of marriage has taught me not to argue the point.

I voted for HIllary once, back in 2008 in the Ohio primary. That my mail box will filled with liberal/democrat donation requests for two years until I voted in the opposite primary and the mail stopped. Interesting how that works.
So I got that going for me...which is nice. It's a cross between Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent and Northern California Sensimilla so you can play 36 holes on it,take it home at night and get stoned to the begesses belt

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Blue&White wrote:
pennstate92 wrote:It's your fault Trump won.

That's what my wife tells me. If I had voted for Hillary instead of 3rd party, 20,000 other people in PA would have done the same and that would tip the scales in other states and Trump wouldn't now be President. I think there is a hole, maybe 2, in her theory, but 20 years of marriage has taught me not to argue the point.

Since I live in PA I guess you have to lay the blame at my feet too. I voted for a third party candidate for POTUS in 2016.
41-33.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:12 pm

As much of a nightmare as I think Trump is, I still don't regret voting 3rd party. Hillary would have been different but I doubt she would be any better. And, far less entertaining.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:14 pm

I know this should probably be another thread, but...really. Every time he tweets, I laugh.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Manny Bowen and Irv Charles are no longer with the team, unspecified violations of team rules. No surprises there...what a waste of talent.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:20 am

I told you guys that Charles was gone a few weeks ago. Bowen I don't think is a surprise at all. I really don't feel bad for him at all. Repeat offender. Well, that opens up a scholarship for someone else. That's the way I look at it.

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:46 am

Next men up. We'll feel Bowen's loss next year, especially early on. Makes sense why JF went public with his touting of Parsons to see playing time early next year at LB. We'll need him and some of the other younger guys (not true frosh) to really step up at that position or things could be really tough for the D. As for Charles, he was a true mystery man IMO. Played very hard and determined on ST, then ran around in a daze at WR. Go figure. He won't really be missed, as he never really produced at WR outside of The Minny Touchdown last season, plus we have tons of fresh talent competing for playing time next year at all three slots.

I just hate to see talent wasted. Maybe they'll transfer and find good homes outside of the BiG.

Shore Lion

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:31 pm

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tommy Stevens transfers after the spring semester. He wants to play QB and that's not going to happen unless something happens to McSorely. I'd put it at 50/50 right now. He is set to graduate this spring and will still have two years of eligibility. So I guess that's what he has to decide, go through 2018 at the "Lion" position and do what he can and wait to start for one year in 2019 or transfer as a grad student and have the potential to start for two seasons somewhere.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:14 pm

I'd hate to lose him but I suspect you're right. I also get the sense he may be a better QB than McSorely (because the back-up is always better).
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:27 am

Want to give a shout out to DaeSean. We have acknowledged him on this board before, but he continues to be so impressive. He’s had so many big games for us and seems to be a model person off the field. Doesn’t seem that we have quite embraced or appreciated him for some reason, although he did get recognition for his receptions record. Perhaps because he isn’t the NFL star talent or because he isn’t the most TV-friendly guy? Don’t know, but I would be proud to have him be the poster boy for PSU football. We will miss him next year