2017 Team Thread

Shore Lion

Re: 2017 Team Thread

Postby Shore Lion » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 am

That is good news. Trace is one tough dude but he does take some punishment. Great that Stevens is sticking around. Sean Clifford probably isn't quite as thrilled but that's life in a big time football program.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:52 am

I'm happy TS is staying but wouldn't blame him for leaving. If a back-up QB doesn't truly believe he's good enough to be the starting QB, then he isn't.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Agree and TS has handled the whole situation with class and maturity vs being selfish and pouting. Read articles on his decision and sounds like CJF was very open with him in the sense - "if you truly find something that is better for you I understand and will support you" and helped him work through decision - I think that means al lot to players vs CJF saying "I won't release you" or going silent treatment.

TS certainly has the physicals to play at next level and he's shown he is an athletic guy - I really hope he gets some reps at the back end of games this upcoming year and has a solid cast around him and has a chance to shine his senior year.

Aside from the on field results we continue to see CJF is developing a first class program in the attitude / behavior of players and also their performance in combine. The fact that the PSU staff clearly put the effort in to have players really show their best in combine and pro days shows they still invest in these kids even when they are leaving for next level.

I think that says tons to recruits and their families.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall