Fiesta Bowl In-game thread

Jerry Garcia

Re: Fiesta Bowl In-game thread

Postby Jerry Garcia » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:42 am

Had to miss the live game, just watched the DVR.

Ninety. Two. Yards. Wow.

I don't think any player in any sport for any team that I've rooted for has given me as much pleasure as watching Saquon Barkley. May he go on to a pro football HoF career.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:45 pm

I liked Barkley's post game comments. He refused to let it be about him and his decisions. He just kept talking about the team. That kid has class beyond his years. I think we will be fine with Sanders and all the other talent we have coming up, but that kid is special and he will be missed.

Really hope to see him as a part of Big Blue next year. I doubt the Giants are going to take a running back, but I can dream. Really hope we don't see him in Cleveland.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Blue&White wrote:I liked Barkley's post game comments. He refused to let it be about him and his decisions. He just kept talking about the team. That kid has class beyond his years. I think we will be fine with Sanders and all the other talent we have coming up, but that kid is special and he will be missed.

Really hope to see him as a part of Big Blue next year. I doubt the Giants are going to take a running back, but I can dream. Really hope we don't see him in Cleveland.

I am perfectly good with Sanders. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people next year and have a huge year.

I will be angry if the Jints take Saquon! It will ruin everything for me. Loyalty for my team will trump my love of Saquon. You need a QB and I cannot wait to hear Sam Darnell announced by the commish. That will make me smile :D

I have no problems with the Browns taking Saquon. Cleveland needs a running back and Saquon would fit perfectly in that cold weather. Tha Dog Pound would love him. I am excited to see what Saquon can do when he is given the ball on the run!! I could see him running for 1500 yards and getting 1000 yards receiving which I think has never been done.

Please do not allow Saquon to go to an NFC East team!! I would love to see him in the AFC!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 pm

I get why you don't want him with Big Blue (and I doubt he goes there) but why would you want to sentence him to Cleveland? Cleveland is horrible!
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Cleveland will likely have the first and fourth picks. He’s going there in all likelihood.

I’m holding out for the Jets, but won’t get that lucky. He’s a singular talent. He will go top four

Jerry Garcia

Postby Jerry Garcia » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Mad - sorry I neglected to congratulate on your grandson's appearance. Awesome, can't wait until it happens to me. :)

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Blue&White wrote:I get why you don't want him with Big Blue (and I doubt he goes there) but why would you want to sentence him to Cleveland? Cleveland is horrible!

I really think he is going to be a special player so there is no way in hell I want him going to the Jints! PSU kept him down based on their system. You get him running downhill and he will be tough to tackle during the first few yards- see Emmitt Smith. Cleveland is a running type of town. They need to run the ball so SB will fit their system. I completely get that Cleveland is the butt of many jokes but that might come to an end if they draft SB. I have no clue on the QB position but I despise Sammy Darnold which is why I want to Jints to take him!

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:41 pm

We might be able to start a Cleveland jokes thread.

Most of the game analysis has been said and done - two things I liked coaching wise - towards end of season and bowl game I believe the run plays were more decisive - we didn't have McS holding ball as along before making a decision.
Washington came out 2nd half and ran a hurry up offense and PSU D did not react well - I was afraid the D would get gassed and we'd be looking at a USC, OSU style 4th QT collapse. PSU offense did a good job slowing pace of game (taking clock below 10 secs on snaps), avoiding negative plays and converting 3rd downs. Kept the # of possessions for UW down and D was able to hold on.

One big improvement needed for next year - need some ballhawks in the secondary - 1 pick in last 5 games of season (counting bowl) isn't going to cut it if PSU wants to break into playoff realm.
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 pm

We might be able to start a Cleveland jokes thread.

Isn't that redundant?