Fiesta Bowl In-game thread

Underlion

Re: Fiesta Bowl In-game thread

Postby Underlion » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Off topic and not that cheerleaders outfits matter but PSU's outfits are historically poor IMO. Maybe a classic sweater and skirt like USC? I'm not proposing something inappropriate.

They just seem below our level? Maybe I'm missing something. But hey, I don't like names on jerseys either.

Shane

Postby Shane » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Congrats Mad.

As for the game, without that awful pitch to Sanders that resulted in a fumble, I think PSU was about to put it to Washington. It didn’t go that way, but still glad for the win.

By the way, please Cleveland, don’t pick Saquan.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:17 pm

In my student days, a long-running joke held that most PSU cheerleaders looked like Joe Paterno. Now that was cruel.

Tonight, I am a Wisky fan. On Wisconsin....beat those canes.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Congrats mad!!

I was not a fan of kicking the field goal at all. This game means absolutely nothing. I would have loved to see our seniors/ kids leaving for the NFL get a 1st down and then line up in victory formation. Screw the attempted fg

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Grower - just curious, did you even enjoy the game at all? Seems like you spent more time worrying about the seniors than the game. LOL.

Saquon is just awesome. Selfish part of me wants him to stay, but all good things must come to an end. Hope he becomes a Giant.

As for the rest, it was an entertaining game. Should've won by about 30...TO's are poison. Still, we got the W, and 11-2 x2...feel good about that.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 pm

I had a few friends over and loved the game. I was not a fan of the field goal attempt at all. Let the guys line up one last time, call the perfect play, and give a quick motivational speech about brothers for life.

Btw, there were a few plays where saquon got the ball on the run. He is going to be absolutely silly at the next level. I would like to see a running team get him verses a rebuilding team

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:14 am

Few thoughts:
1) Rahne called a great game. Didn’t love all the shovel passes, but we moved the ball with ease
2) JF protected his first round stars. Still too many snaps for my liking, but it’s good to see people looking out for these kids. Plus got big snaps to the next gen
3) Offensive line showed improvement albeit against many three man rushes
4) I continue to be underwhelmed by Pry, but the line flashed signs of being dominant. Guys like Simmons and Matos could be monsters next year

Game shouldn’t have been close but it was fun and our team was clearly the better one. Great season boys!

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:29 am

Stupid small thought - what was up with the Husky players mocking the Saquon celebration? Really annoyed me.

But they can hold that L. We are...

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 am

nittwittier wrote:Stupid small thought - what was up with the Husky players mocking the Saquon celebration? Really annoyed me.

But they can hold that L. We are...

I missed it, is that his hand flapping trying to fly/swim celebration?

You can teach class ;)

pennstate92

Postby pennstate92 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:38 am

I thought Peterson was gracious in his praise of McSorley and Barkley in the post game.

We really did manhandle a pretty good defense. Game plan was solid, and if it wasn't for the TO's this would've been a 21 point blowout. That said, I didn't like all the shovel passes, and I didn't like the plays with Tommy Stevens on the field. Every time they tried to use him, the Huskies had it read.

Those are small issues though. All in all, I slept well last night.
If at first you don't succeed, give up. There is no hope for you.