Fiesta Bowl In-game thread

Underlion

Re: Fiesta Bowl In-game thread

Postby Underlion » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Ah historic PSU fashion. Make it interesting.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:37 pm

Wow and I expected the trick play would be a QB sneak or Victory formation from under center :lol:

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:38 pm

The UW kid flubbed that. He was better served stepping out of bounds there.

Anyway, that's a good win. UW is a good team. That game was not a gimme. Glad Barkley was able to show what he can really do to a national audience. I think Sanders will be good but Barkley is just magic.

And, we need a freaking kicker. I can't believe there was even a sideline discussion about kicking the 3 at that point in the game. Forget that he missed it - misses happen. The problem is that apparently the coaches thought that was a probable outcome. That has to be fixed for 18.
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Blue&White wrote:The UW kid flubbed that. He was better served stepping out of bounds there.

Anyway, that's a good win. UW is a good team. That game was not a gimme. Glad Barkley was able to show what he can really do to a national audience. I think Sanders will be good but Barkley is just magic.

And, we need a freaking kicker. I can't believe there was even a sideline discussion about kicking the 3 at that point in the game. Forget that he missed it - misses happen. The problem is that apparently the coaches thought that was a probable outcome. That has to be fixed for 18.

Tough for a kicker when the coaches show so little confidence in making FG's but that is what was earned this year.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Big 10 is 6-0 but OSU didn't get a shot even though the B10 East must have been the best division this year.

Go Wisky.

The line was that the B10 was only favored in 2 bowls.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:06 pm

Ok - my wife asked me / made me go shopping and I just got back. Thank you iphone inventor. Our kicker never missed an extra point all year - so - that's good.

All my wife's family are Trump lovers and Washington graduates - just thought I should let you all know the glory and power I now wield.

Great Win - I should head to a local bar in full PSU gear.

oh yea - State still owns the Fiesta Bowl / 7-0.

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Good win that shouldn't/wouldn't have been close except for four TOs. I was getting sick of the pre-game hype about W's number 1 defense that was shredded by superior talent. Many things to like about this game except for the part about it being SB's last game as a Lion.

On another high note, my grandson finally made his appearance in this world midway through the second quarter with Good Guys up 21-7. Samuel Paul is officially a Penn State fan whether he kows it or not. All this took place as I watched the game in the waiting room. I guess I was a bit "animated" as the game unfolded. At one point, I noticed that I was alone on one side of the room and the other visitors were bunched up on the other side of the room. Weird! They were looking at me with odd expressions on their faces. Tough shite.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:53 pm

congratulations Mad.

Really - as for the other visitors, what was more pressing than the game? I can think of nothing.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Congrats, Mad. You're 2 for 2 tonight!

Which event was bigger for you? The win or the grandkid. :mrgreen:
Alex Cora sucks. Mickey Callaway sucks. Baseball sucks. Everything and everyone just sucks. Is it football season yet?

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:08 pm

It speaks volumes that I had to think about the answer. Yes, the long-awaited grandson....but the win makes it a doubly great day.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.