Random Musings

Blue&White

Re: Random Musings

Postby Blue&White » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm pretty sure that's a bot. A person didn't type any of the 3 posts generated by this user. But, I'm so happy they didn't fill the board with 100 spam posts that I have to spend 40 minutes deleting I just let it stay.
Is it baseball season yet?

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:37 pm

How did we ever live without a yellow line telling us where the first down is?

It seems more statistically probable that the spot is 1st and goal on the ten then a spot on the 9.5 or 10.5 yard line.

Also less measurements now than distant history.

tempe

Postby tempe » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:51 am

I'm hoping they use a light-up ball in the near future. with a vapor trail.

and google glasses

LioninVa

Postby LioninVa » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Tempe, I just had a flashback to the days that the NHL has the pick highlighted and the red flash for snapshots!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:12 pm

Putting this hear instead of the Free For All area because it's PSU related:

3 killed, 2 hurt in shootings at bar, house near Penn State University

Sounds like the shooter had an issue with his ex. Shame he couldn't eget over it before he opened fire on innocent people.

psu_dad

Postby psu_dad » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:40 pm

it's PSU related

There's a few more articles popping up on news web sites and they all mention Penn State in the title. Seems odd. The shooter wasn't a student. There's no indication any of the victims were students. And the shootings occurred 2 miles from campus. Seems more like a State College incident than a Penn State incident.

If someone gets shot in New Haven two miles from Yale, I don't think the headline is going to be "Man shot near Yale University".
Klaatu barada nikto

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:33 pm

There are other schools in New Haven, although the others are obviously not as well known. There is nothing else around State College other than Penn State. Even the name begs the question of "what college?". So, PSU gets to be part of the headlines.

Yippee.

psuro

Postby psuro » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:39 am

A few random musings/first airing of grievances in the 2019

1. Does everyone think that somewhere, sometime, in some country, the movie "Road House" is playing on television? I think it is. Subtitled and/or voiced over.

2. One of the young engineers in my office told me she is going to Coachella this summer. So I checked out the website - 164 musical artists were listed. I had only heard of three of them. And I had never heard a song from any of those three. That made me feel really, really old - practically ancient.

3. Only in the last year did I realize the cities of Las Vegas and Columbus had professional hockey teams.

4. I think the Penn State defense is going to miss Shareef Miller more than the Penn State offense is going to miss Miles Sanders.

5. If the New York Giants draft Dwayne Haskins and one decent lineman, all of sudden they could be exponentially a better team. Conversely, nothing is going to help the New York Jets.

6. ....and my long time favorite random musing/grievance.....school taxes......what can be done to make this whole process more amenable?

psuro

Postby psuro » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 am

And one more random musing....

7. Why does the sign in the restroom of a restaurant say "Employees must wash their hands"? Shouldn't everyone wash their hands?

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:40 am

If you don't work there it's optional. Btw, this is the reason I always open the door with a paper towel. And, if they dont' have paper towels then I am trapped until someone else comes in and opens the door for me.