Random Musings

PSUgrower

Re: Random Musings

Postby PSUgrower » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:41 pm

There was an accident and the passenger was out of the car. He swerved to miss the accident and hit the man. Crazy sad.

There have been a few times I have had to change a tire on the side of the road and I MAKE my wife stand by the car and let me know if anyone starts to slide out of control. The area where I live can have a car accident once in awhile (It takes first responders about 5 minutes to get here). I bought a strobe light just for that situation and have used it twice! I read too many people dying on the side of the road because some other asshat has to swerve or is not paying attention. That is my nightmare!

hbendle

Postby hbendle » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Having grown up nearby, I can attest that I-690 is barely an Interstate. It's just the cross-town spur to get from one suburb to another without traffic lights. That exit where the accident occurred is actually where my Dad exited to get to his place of work. And, as I recall he has a tale of a wipeout on 690, hydroplaning his old Subaru in a big storm. A freezing rain accident is no surprise in Syracuse, especially there.

To have passengers scrambling out of the disabled vehicle, in the left & middle lane, in the dark, heading across the only open lane, it is a tragic but plausible coincidence that someone came along at exactly the wrong time, swerved, and hit the unseen fleeing driver.

A tragic event that is not uncommon in upstate New York, and usually ends up being an evening news item in those cases. The celebrity of Boeheim is what brought it national. I don't envision any more intense scrutiny will be necessary for this.

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:59 am

2019 bowl projections, fwiw (not much, I know).

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootb ... -more.html
National Champions 1911, 1912, 1969, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1994

PSUgrower

Postby PSUgrower » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:30 pm

Crowbar wrote:2019 bowl projections, fwiw (not much, I know).

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootb ... -more.html

Hello, my only expectation is to be playing on Jan 13th!! We got em this year!

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Former PSU fraternity brothers sentenced

That took a long time to get resolved. Not sure if this is a reasonable result or not. The whole thing is just absoutely tragic and senseless. These kids are lucky they are not going away longer. And, when they get out their lives are pretty much ruined.
Baseball season!!!!