Random Musings

sameoldlama

Re: Random Musings

Postby sameoldlama » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Crowbar wrote:I just read in the span of a half hour, Ohio State lost in the NCAA wrestling finals, the B10 hockey tournament and the NCAA basketball tournament.

That's pretty damn impressive.

In order to memorialize this touchstone moment I propose that for nf.com the word "losers" be denoted as "l-OSU-rs".
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm

In order to memorialize this touchstone moment I propose that for nf.com the word "losers" be denoted as "l-OSU-rs".

Seconded. And, only lOSUrs would disagree anyway.
#Emmertknew

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:56 pm

sameoldlama wrote:
Crowbar wrote:I just read in the span of a half hour, Ohio State lost in the NCAA wrestling finals, the B10 hockey tournament and the NCAA basketball tournament.

That's pretty damn impressive.

Love it!!! :D
41-33.

sameoldlama

Postby sameoldlama » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 am

For the hockey fans out there PSU is playing in the NCAA tourney - their first game is Mar 24 at Allentown PPL Center - an easy trip for people in the Philly area
Wendall : That's very linear Sheriff
Ed Tom : Age will flatten a man Wendall

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:49 pm

I had a bunch if meetings in NYC yesterday and then a dinner. Rather than deal with getting home at 1 AM, I just stayed overnight in a hotel. Normally I'd just work a full day in the City but the weather forecast convinced me to head back early. So, I'm walking through Time Square a short while ago and there are all these billboards and posters advertising the upcoming HBO biopic/smear job on Joe.

Ugh.

I have not yet decided if I can bring myself to watch it. But, it's coming soon.
#Emmertknew

Crowbar

Postby Crowbar » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:34 am

I watched the trailer for it. And, yes, from what I saw it looks like they are going to paint Joe as clueless (at best) or a criminal pedophile enabler (at worst). With that said I'll probably still watch it.
41-33.

Underlion

Postby Underlion » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:17 pm

On anything reported by the media, the more you know about the subject the more sensational you find the reporting. Now you will say this is not the news media, it does come close as the media is more and more entertainment and so this HBO docudrama and the news cross over. Lets face it, Joe is the name and the story, so they must use him for ratings. Nobody knows Shoultz and Curley. Who really cares that Red did nothing? How would the movie sell if Red admitted he really didn't think he saw anything until years later or if that the boy in the shower says nothing happened. The most interesting part of the whole thing is that the DA from the prior investigation disappeared...Jerry must have offed him. Maybe Paterno has ties to the Mafia?

Bet they never do a docudrama on the NCAA and the PSU paid investigator.

We were closest to an incident near our house once, we were interviewed but not used. They went a block away to find someone that would give the quote they wanted. 'We are so afraid, we never thought that anything like this would happen in our neighborhood'. They media played that quote as they always do. To a large degree they knew the truth was likely a senile man died while walking lost but they needed it to seem like a murder etc.

The truth often doesn't entertain or sell. Data shows we live in the safest time in America and yet you'd never believe it if you listened to the news.

Sincerely doubt I'll watch it. I'll get my info here.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm

Excellent post underlion. The media sensationalizes to gain the 1st to report pseudo news. There is usually some fact involved, if you are apprised of the situation, but if you are taking the media's reporting for news you are misinformed in general and mal-informed in particular. The more you actually know of the event the less the news media's report represents fact to you. Joe is the story and since PSU has been pushing the lily white story for generations this is a sweet, salacious opportunity to take down what they built up in the past, their stock in trade. +

We don't subscribe to hbo so we won't be viewing it although I'm sure it will surface sometime in the future or a free hbo weekend on Dish network may offer it. I don't know if I'd watch it anyway as I'm sure I'll hear all about it prior to any opportunity to view it.

One thing for sure, it won't be pretty. :(

PittGradPSUMad

Postby PittGradPSUMad » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:19 pm

I would binge watch the hallmark channel for one solid month before I would watch one minute of the hatchet job HBO has in store for Joe's legacy.
Yeah, well, that's like your opinion, man.

Carl Spackler

Postby Carl Spackler » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Mad, better do that before i retire and move in. In fact we have to establish the remote control policy negotiations before my arrival. :)