Barkley declares for the 2018 NFL Draft

Underlion

Re: Barkley declares for the 2018 NFL Draft

Postby Underlion » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:31 pm

We will miss him more for his leadership and je ne sais quois than play. He is the kind of guy that improves a team and a program.

I wish him a long successful career, the one few PSU greats have gotten. I will likely root for whatever team he goes to.

Blue&White

Postby Blue&White » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 pm

I think Barkley is going to Cleveland. It's a Big 10 area and he will bring excitement. With the 1st and 4th picks in the draft, I wouldn't be surprised if he went first and they took one of several QBs with the 4th pick (and Rosen already said he won't play in Cleveland). If they don't take him first, I doubt the Giants or the Colts take him, but it's tough to say for certain.

The Giants took a QB in the 3rd round last year. They may not have given up on him (impossible to know and he didn't take a freaking snap this year, which is really maddening) but the new regime won't have any loyalty to past picks. So, they may go for a QB in Rosen. They already have some decent RBs and it's just not the next priority. What they don't have is a line. The Giants philosophy has historically been to take the best player on the board, regardless of position, but they have a brand new GM, Dave Gettleman, and the pressure to win is enormous. I doubt they take a RB.

I'm not sure what to think about the Colts. Seems they need a defense more than anything but they may remember how great Faulk was and be thinking that Barkley and a healthy Luck could really change things.

If he does make it past the Colts and Giants, I can't believe the Browns pass on him twice. I think he's in Cleveland but will be ecstatic if he's with Big Blue.

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 pm

To answer the question on the previous page, I don't believe Barkley fumbled at all this year and think his last one was at Pitt last year.

nittwittier

Postby nittwittier » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:23 pm

Correct! Zero this year. And four for his career (which was higher than I thought). This is more remarkable when you consider how many balls he catches and how many times he got hit immediately after being handed the ball. Just another of many feathers in his cap.

I’m excited about Sanders next year, but he is going to fumble a few times. Never had that sorry with SB